Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0698  (Read 1413 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0698
« on: December 17, 2008, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0698
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:53:26 AM »
I hadn't noticed before which room they use for the room in which Sabrina saw the werewolf - the room that was originally used as Roger's office at the cannery.  Room 24 would have been more appropriate, but it was already in use.

I lost all sympathy for Ned after today's antics.  If he believes that, after all she's been through, she is incapable of understanding that the best thing is for the truth to come to light about what happened, that's a plausible viewpoint.  But he is being excessively cruel in trying to get the facts from her.  What was he like before he became his sister's champion?

Julia is not happy with the situation.  When she was trying to cure Barnabas, she was wholeheartedly protecting him, partly because curing a vampire was the dream of her life and partly because she was in love with Barnabas.  None of these reason apply to Chris's case, and yet Barnabas complains that she isn't as patient with Chris as she was with himself

Poor Sabrina.  Suddenly her memory returns, and she feels able to function for the first time in two years.  She's not going to give Chris away, but she can start putting her life together and put the past behind her.  Then she looks in the mirror and sees that the past is with her until the day she dies.  Poor Sabrina.

Ned, Sabrina, Chris, Barnabas, Julia.  Now what we need is one of those operatic things where each character sings a solo about how his own plight is the worst of all, and then they sing all together but each just singing his own tune again.  What's the technical name for that?  Counterpoint?  Frid is so right when he says that Dark Shadows is opera!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 06:58:25 PM »
That's exactly my point. Ned wants to get the truth from Sabrina anyway he can, he even says so himself...even if it means he has to get physical with her. Jerk.

I think that curing supernatural creatures is one area Julia is out of her league. [spoiler] After Chris leaves the show, he STILL hasn't found a cure for his curse, going by what Quentin said. Still he takes Amy and Sabrina with him.

Of course Julia never really cured Barnabas either, as hard as she tried. In the early days of their relationship, he ended up aging due to his pesturing her to speed up the experiments and after he got turned back into one during the Leviathans, all the injections seemed to have done was increase his bloodlust. [/spoiler]

Felt bad for Sabrina seeing herself in the mirror. What a shock to have to see what she became. This is as much a tragic situation for her as well as Chris...they're both suffering so much though no fault of their own.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:20 PM »
More pawing and throwing her around. Is Roger Davis wishing that Lisa Richards had been cast as the original Victoria Winters?  I'm not so impressed with her acting. I read that this was her first role.  When Sabrina showed up Chris waited like an eternity to tell her to get lost and then why did he not have the door barred.  I realize he was in his early twenties, but he must have had some sense.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 01:02:51 AM »
[spoiler]Of course Julia never really cured Barnabas either, as hard as she tried. In the early days of their relationship, he ended up aging due to his pesturing her to speed up the experiments and after he got turned back into one during the Leviathans, all the injections seemed to have done was increase his bloodlust.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The injections worked in 1897, though she had to use Lang's formula not her own.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 04:45:31 AM »
Oh, yeah, I forgot about 1897. I wonder why they didn't work in the present though. Did she use a different type of formula back in the past or was it pretty much the same?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »
So Ned gave Sabrina the key to Chris' place?  Ha ha, what happened was his fault too!

And buh bye to him, cuz this is Ned's final appearance.

Is Roger Davis wishing that Lisa Richards had been cast as the original Victoria Winters?

alwaysdavid, I'm guessing that when you said that, you were aware that Lisa Richards auditioned for the part.

Roger and Jaclyn Smith were married less than a few months when he played Ned, so I can't fathom why he would be molesting Sabrina with that stunningly beautiful bride at home.  (Apparently, he urged his wife to audition to replace Alexandra, making this all seem even stranger because if she'd gone through with it, as Jeff/Peter, his bride would have played his bride, and OMG, how would he have behaved on camera then??  [santa_shocked])

When Sabrina showed up Chris waited like an eternity to tell her to get lost and then why did he not have the door barred.  I realize he was in his early twenties, but he must have had some sense.

When it happened (nearly 2 years before, according to Ned), Chris would have been around 26 cuz we learned this:

In ep #676 which taped/aired in January, 1969, Chris tells Barnabas that his first transformation occurred right after his 21st birthday, 7 years before.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:57 AM »
Whoops, once you see the ep that follows this one (which explains how Sabrina got the key), I'm going to lose your vote.
Yes, I'm afraid you're right, Midnite. I forgot that Sabrina got the key from Ned, and not Chris! [snow_tongue]

That calls for a milestone! [milestone] ... And good riddance to you, Ned! [snow_angry]

Another milestone: This was the first time that a werewolf failed to return to his human self in the morning. [milestone] What a shocker. Poor Chris! [snow_cry]

I felt sorry for Sabrina when she saw herself in the mirror. What a traumatic experience!  [snow_shocked]

It's pretty obvious to me the whole idea of Julia's great willingness to help Barnabas when he was a vampire, and her not being very enthusiastic about helping Chris, because of her love for Barnabas. [love3] It's nice seeing Barnabas be so undaunted in his desire to help Chris. Barnabas and Chris were kindred souls, after all.  [snow_wink]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 11:26:02 AM »
Oh crap, I went grey at thirty and so did my mother, and so did Steve Martin!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 11:44:14 PM »

I'm only just now getting over this latest loss of Ned - I love his character so.  [snow_cry]  ... Yeah, right!! Ned is quite possibly RD's worst DS character ever!!

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
One of my all-time favorite lines in the history of DS:

Julia says, contemplating her and Barnabas' possible exposure to the police and complicity in a crime:  "We have been shielding a werewolf."  Only in Collinwood and only in Dark Shadows.

I don't get the whole werewolf transformation thing anyway.  How did Chris change into a howling, raging animal every time there was a full moon, yet no one in his building ever got wise t that fact.  Same for the time he was staying at the Collinsport Inn.