Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0695  (Read 1405 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0695
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:13 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0695
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »
The grown-ups just never learn: you cannot leave David or Amy alone ever while Quentin still exists.

I love the part where Barnabas thinks about being chained in his coffin while Quentin lived the whole of his life.  It's hard to imagine - Quentin as a baby, as a child, as a young man at Collinwood - and all the while, Barnabas was in his coffin, suffering through the nights, not knowing anything of what was happening in the outside world.

What sort of stories does Willie tell?  When Amy said Willie was in the kitchen, I thought she was going to suggest that they see if he would give them something to eat.  I'm imagining Willie telling fantastical stories about the adventures of Jason McGuire - taking his memories of Jason, and adding to them, and turning Jason into a Robin Hood type, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor and being far more successful at the stealing than Jason McGuire ever was in his life.  (Note: Robservations says Amy suggested they go have Maggie tell them a story.  I'm quite sure that Amy said Willie, not Maggie.)

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 03:40:03 AM »
I would have to say that Maggie has been a failure as a governess. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 07:46:13 AM »
LOL, alwaysdavid!

Quote from: Lydia
When Amy said Willie was in the kitchen, I thought she was going to suggest that they see if he would give them something to eat.

I bet Willie was hiding from Mrs. Johnson, who when she wasn't bitching about his housekeeping was probably muttering "I told you I wasn't crazy" all about the Old House.

I'm quite sure that Amy said Willie, not Maggie.

Speaking of errors, the DS Program Guide didn't get much right about this ep: "David and Amy sneak back into Collinwood and destroy the old telephone. Maggie brings them back to the Old House."  To destroy it, yes, but they failed, and Maggie only brought David back to the OH because Amy was dropped off at the cottage, duh.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 12:00:35 PM »
Happy 7000, Midnite!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 06:31:35 PM »
Thank you!   [santa_cool]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 11:48:12 AM »
Barnabas was wrong when he said that Jamison was Quentin's brother. [signerror] Jamison was actually Quentin's nephew. It seems to me that Barnabas should have realized that Quentin would have had some "secret" that would not have been written about in the Family Book. After all, Barnabas had a secret, too, and there were lies in the book about him, as well.  [snow_lipsrsealed] Quentin and Barnabas both supposedly went to Europe (Quentin to France, and Barnabas to England). The similarities were quite obvious.

It was too bad that Chris was either unwilling or unable to confide in Carolyn about his affliction. [snow_cry] They really made a good couple; much better, in my opinion, than Chris and Sabrina.

It was brave of David and Amy to go back to Collinwood to try, in vain, to retrieve Quentin's telephone to destroy it. It was pretty spooky, but not surprising, that the phone appeared in David's room.  [snow_shocked] After all, David dreamed about it ahead of time, so it was expected. [snow_wink]

The adults were doing a horrible job of watching David and Amy. It was easy for them to disappear again.  [snow_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 06:08:55 PM »
Kid logic in action. What on earth would destroying the telephone accomplish? By this point, and probably at the point that they unsealed his room, Quentin was far too powerful to be contended with.

The adults are terrible. Shouldn't somebody be packing the kids onto the next bus to Boston, rather than dragging them to the next house over and then not paying any attention to where they are or what they are doing? I mean really, what the hell are Elizabeth, Carolyn or Maggie doing with their time that one of them isn't on guard at all times?

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 07:56:16 AM »
Well, we know what Carolyn was busy doing - breaking up with Chris.   [snow_cry]