Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0690  (Read 1628 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0690
« on: December 05, 2008, 08:53:04 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0690
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:08:33 PM »
What a terrible moment for David, when he finds out he has betrayed Quentin without even knowing it!  He knows there will be no mercy.  When he ran outside and Ned Stuart happened to be coming in, it was a wonderfully full moment - you can't help seeing how funny it is that every time Ned sees Maggie she's looking for David, but you can't laugh because what is happening to David is so dreadful.

It's mind-catching - for lack of a better way to put it - to see Chris caring about Amy when he was so ready a couple of months ago to leave Collinsport without even seeing her, and when currently he seems to care more about Carolyn than he does about Amy.  Don Briscoe was very believable - but I have the feeling of there being a missing link there.

When we returned to the Quentin story after the brief look at the Chris story, I felt strongly how much more compelling the Quentin story was.  David is far more innocent than Chris is in their respective storylines, and he faces a bleaker future.  I was imagining David and Amy running away to who knows where to get away from Quentin.  Of course Quentin could catch them if he cared to - but maybe he wouldn't care enough.  And heaven only knows what would happen to David and Amy out there fending for themselves.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:07:21 AM »
I keep thinking doesn't david need some attention paid to that burn
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 11:11:58 AM »
Good point, alwaysdavid! I thought the same thing. There never was a doctor who tended to David's arm, even Julia. That was a very bad burn!  [santa_sad]

Maggie was the first adult to hear Quentin's name. [milestone] Another piece of the puzzle had been discovered. 

Amy got her lines backwards when she was talking to Ned. I had to chuckle when I heard her say that she wanted to help David find Maggie, when it should have been the other way around. I also chuckled for just a second at Ned's line to Maggie about her always looking for David when he sees her.  [santa_grin]

Poor David and Amy! They were stuck not knowing what to do about their situation.  [santa_undecided] Just when they decided to tell Maggie, Quentin stopped them. It doesn't take much of Quentin's staring at them (especially David) before they are possessed by him again. It's fascinating how David and Amy were two different people.

The last scene, when Maggie was looking for David and Amy, and they sounded so evil laughing and talking to her through the door, was very scary and spooky! Maggie's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of their sockets, she was so frightened! Among the most scary scenes in ail of DS.  [santa_shocked]

I like how Chris was protective of Amy and told her to go upstairs so that he could talk to Ned privately. The conversation between Chris and Ned was enlightening for Chris. I loved seeing Chris's reaction when he found out that Sabrina wasn't dead, and she didn't say anything about what happened the last night he saw her.

I must admit, the Quentin storyline is much more compelling than the Chris storyline.  [santa_wink]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 06:38:17 AM »
I keep thinking doesn't david need some attention paid to that burn

Same here.  And it's weird that they switched arms when restaging the scene from the day before.

This was the first of 2 eps written by Ralph Ellis.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16:56 AM »
This is definately one of the most purely "frightening" episodes in all of DS.  That final scene, which is very spooky and creepy, owes a great deal to "The Innocents" starring Deborah Kerr.

I was wondering, did Chris ever meet Jeff Clark or did their paths never cross during that transitional stage between storylines?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 05:54:07 AM »
I was wondering, did Chris ever meet Jeff Clark or did their paths never cross during that transitional stage between storylines?

I can think of only one ep that had both of them, but Jeff was in jail at the same time that Chris visited Collinwood.  Now that you bring it up, it would be kinda funny if, in the midst of Jeff's budding realization that he's Peter Bradford, someone told him that he looks exactly like a guy named Ned Stuart.   [snow_strange]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »
LOL, yea that's one well-used face he's got.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 05:01:19 AM »
Perhaps Dr. Lang cloned him, and potentially hundreds, if not thousands of Jeff Clark/Ned Stuart types could have been running around the world. If so, what a truly horrifying prospect!!  [snow_wow]  [snow_scream]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 09:24:34 AM »
If so, maybe he arranged to bodyswap with one in case he died...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor