Author Topic: Edward Cullen and Barnabas Collins  (Read 649 times)

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Edward Cullen and Barnabas Collins
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »
Well, This past summer, in between teaching assignments, I read Twilight not knowing it was geared for my junior high students as well as high school students..I was just browsing for some vampire material. Initially I found it fairly enjoyable until the mushiness of the characters kept interupting the storyline( more than 3/4 of the way into the book) so I did what I never do.. I stopped reading the book.  When school started, OMG, all my students were reading it.  My own daughters, who give me such a hard time about my fascination with Barnabas and DS, now cannot put the book down..they are into the second book and it seems soon into the third and fourth book.  Let me tell you Edward Cullen has nothing on Barnabas.  Again what is this fascination with vampires?  My own family cannot see that their fascination with Edward is the same thing as my love of the Collins family.  Is their a connection?  Cullen/Collins?    Many of Edward's characterisitcs are no different from Barnabas'.  Anyway as I always say Long Live DS!!
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Cullen and Barnabas Collins
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 08:55:23 PM »
fridfreak,

I too get the weirdoo from my kids about DS.

My 13 year old daughter had read the book for school and last weekend went to see the movie. She didn't have much to say about the movie (could be that a 13 year old girl isn't really watching the movie....just watching being watched....)

Patti
What a Woman!