Author Topic: I hate it when Grayson goes on vacation  (Read 935 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
I hate it when Grayson goes on vacation
« on: June 20, 2002, 08:14:37 PM »
Its fun to calculate how long people leave .. like Jeff Clark. .golly what did he get 2 months off?? Anyone know the background to that at all??  Or Joan Bennett who's gone for huge chunks at a time .. .now while Liz is locked up in Julia's "private hospital"  And now Grayson. . only gone for 4 days in "our" time but in the past, real time, equalling 8 days. . During 1795 she had almost a whole month off as Natalie was not-oft used. I always check to see if Sam had time off too or that's when she did other shows. . .I get nervous . [nerv]
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: I hate it when Grayson goes on vacation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 09:37:30 PM »
Julia darling,

At some point in the Summer of 1968, Grayson took time off to appear in one of our favorite films--End of the Road.  It was not released until the winter of 1969-70 because the director was a film editor and he spent a year cutting and re-cutting it (and it still got an X rating).  As you know, 2 of Grayson's scenes wound up on the cutting room floor.  I'd personally rather see those scenes than the material that was cut from house of Dark Shadows, but both are probably gone with the wind in any event.

End of the Road was filmed in Great Barrington, MA.  I'm not sure exactly where the beach scene was filmed.  LOVE that scene.

Happy Summer Solstice (tomorrow!),

Steve

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 10:26:46 PM »
And a happy Summer Solstice to you, Steve, and to all who celebrate it!

Did you know that Saturday (June 22) is the anniversary of the repeal of the last anti-witchcraft law in England....in 1951?!!!!!

Do you suppose they would have celebrated either of these special occasions in Collinsport? [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 10:56:18 PM »
Its fun to calculate how long people leave .. like Jeff Clark. .golly what did he get 2 months off?? Anyone know the background to that at all??

RD was filming a movie called "Parachute to Paradise," which had a, shall we say, "limited" release at best.  ;D

Everyone should try not to get too upset :'(, but RD has disappeared from the story again and won't be back until episode #550, on Sci-Fi on July8th, after the July 4th break.

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2002, 11:51:12 PM »

RD was filming a movie called "Parachute to Paradise," which had a, shall we say, "limited" release at best.  ;D

Everyone should try not to get too upset :'(, but RD has disappeared from the story again and won't be back until episode #550, on Sci-Fi on July8th, after the July 4th break.

Bring on the fireworks!!!![bang][bang][bang][bang][bang][bang]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2002, 06:26:53 AM »
Julia darling,

At some point in the Summer of 1968, Grayson took time off to appear in one of our favorite films--End of the Road.  End of the Road was filmed in Great Barrington, MA.  I'm not sure exactly where the beach scene was filmed.  LOVE that scene.

Steve

Oh my luv Steve!  This is when she did that!!!! that shocking work on End of the Road.. .ohhhhhhh!!! you know I still need my smelling salts when i think of the blue bikini scene. . .and where Stacey Keach's hands went . .. forbidden spots we never pictured!  

okay, okay, she was an actress. . .I too would've liked to have seen the other two scenes. . the 2nd rendevous between Peggy and the "Cad" and the "do ya know a doctor" scene. . Thanks for the tidbit of info--your my hero!  you know,dontcha. . . ;)
Julia99