Author Topic: Question about Notification of Reply  (Read 819 times)

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Question about Notification of Reply
« on: June 18, 2002, 05:28:30 AM »
Question about the board.  I have always checked the notify me of replies to my messages, but I have yet to get any kind of notifcation of any reply to a message I have posted.  Does this function not work or is something wrong with my account?

When I check notificatons on the main menu, it states that I am setup to be notified of replies to several topics, but like I said before I have never gotten any notiification so that is why I am asking about this.

Richard Holt

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Notification of Reply
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 06:17:59 AM »
Hi Richard!

First off, I hope you don't mind that I moved the post here.

The feature does work, but some email servers don't allow mail that's generated by the board to get through to users, and that's how the response notifications are sent.  I'd have to check to be certain, but I think you're the only member that's currently registered using prodigy.net, so I don't have any other reference as to whether Prodigy is one of those email servers except that I recall you didn't receive your password when you registered.

MB may have more to add, but you might want to consider checking with Prodigy about the problem.