Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0662  (Read 1794 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0662
« on: October 28, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0662
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:44:52 AM »
A much better choice for the new Vickie. It is too bad they didn't find her before the last turkey.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »
I thought the 3rd Vicki was much better than last. I also thought she was very pretty.

However, why did the writers even choose to do this storyline without the 1st or 2nd Vicki. ?? It sort of ruins the impact of the storyline.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »
This is Barnabas's first experience with time travel.  He seems to be taking to it like a duck to water.

I liked the way the drawing room was completely dark so they wouldn't have to change the furniture.

I was impressed with how Barnabas remembered his conversation with Nathan Forbes at the Eagle, which happened nearly two hundred years ago, as far as Barnabas is concerned.  I figured that Barnabas must have spent some of his coffin nights between 1795 and 1967 recalling that conversation with relish, or even jazzing it up a bit.  Or maybe the original course of events had some sort of pull on him, and he found himself saying the words willy-nilly, and even had a hard time going off-script.

When Ben told Nathan how to kill a vampire, that seemed strange.  It just didn't come out as naturally as it did originally.  Maybe he was compelled  by the original course of events, and felt strange doing it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 07:18:55 PM »
I only noticed the last time around that Ben delivers the lines that Joshua did "originally".   Ben originally had that exchange with NF about how to destroy Barnabas, but the rest was Joshua lines transferred over to Ben.   I guess Louis Edmonds couldn't be there for this.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
I, too, found it strange that Ben was reciting Joshua's original lines. It seemed a bit forced.  [hall2_rolleyes] It was amazing that Barnabas spoke all the same lines to Forbes in the bar as he did the first time and was able to remember everything that happened. It was a long time ago! I noticed, however, that Barnabas broke the glass with his cane before he uttered the line, "My mother is dead because of you!" That line, and the other exciting line, "You can't kill me because I'm already dead!" came out differently this time. Those lines were more dramatic the first time, but I still enjoyed watching it again.  [hall_grin]

I noticed a blooper when Forbes arrived at Collinwood and was talking to Ben. [signerror] Forbes didn't close one of the doors. Then, magically, the door seemed to close by itself, just before Forbes dramatically opened both doors. [ghost_wink]

I like Carolyn Groves better than Betsy Durkin as Vicki. I have nothing against BD, it's just an obvious preference. CG's hair and facial features looked similar to Alexandra Moltke's. It's too bad they didn't find her when AM first left the show. CG did a pretty good job, too. [bigok] At first, I was surprised that Vicki didn't know that he was the same Barnabas as the one from her time. But then I remembered that he was posing as a descendant of the "original Barnabas" from England. I liked that Barnabas told Vicki that Angelique put a curse on him. He told the truth, but didn't tell the whole truth - just like a politician! [hall_wink]

Excellent episode! Great acting by all! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 10:51:00 AM »
He was "posing" as himself, Barnabas who didn't go to England as the family history claimed.

I thought Betsy Durkin did a good AM impression.  If I closed my eyes, I couldn't tell the difference easily.   #3 was just a stand-in.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
I only noticed the last time around that Ben delivers the lines that Joshua did "originally".   Ben originally had that exchange with NF about how to destroy Barnabas, but the rest was Joshua lines transferred over to Ben.   I guess Louis Edmonds couldn't be there for this.

When Roger left for London in #650, it was the start of a 7-week vacation for Louis.  The biography "Big Lou" says he had a good-sized part on Broadway during that long stretch, though the play didn't last long.  Which is lucky for us, I guess.

This is Barnabas's first experience with time travel.  He seems to be taking to it like a duck to water.

Heh heh!  (Now there's a milestone. [hall2_wink])

Where's IluvBarnabas?  [hdscrt]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
This is Barnabas's first experience with time travel. 
Oops! [signerror] I apologize for forgetting about that milestone! Barnabas' first experience with time travel certainly does deserve one! [milestone]

I forgot another milestone, too. [signerror] This was the first of three appearances by Carolyn Groves in the role of Victoria Winters Clark, and the only time her name was mentioned in a voiceover during the opening. [milestone]

Gosh, I'm slipping!  [hall2_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 05:07:09 AM »
I thought Betsy Durkin did a good AM impression. If I closed my eyes, I couldn't tell the difference easily. #3 was just a stand-in.

Really? I feel just the opposite. I always saw Betsy as the stand-in and Carolyn Groves a better AM replacement.

As far as physical apperances go, Betsy did at times appear to resemble Alexandra. Going by performances however I think Carolyn was closer to Alexandra's Vicki than Betsy ever was.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 05:25:55 AM »
I wonder if "modern" Collinsport has as many prostitutes hanging around the wharf plying their trade as 18th Century Collinsport apparently did.  And speaking of prostitutes, since when do they not only reveal to their johns that they know who they are but that they plan on telling all their girlfriends about the encounter as well?  What ever happened to anonymity? 

I'm still really bothered about this being 1796 instead of 1795.  Vickie was either hanged in 1795 or she wasn't.  It makes zero sense to suddenly change the year in which it happened.  It would be like traveling back to the past to try and stop the assassination of JFK and going to 1964 instead of 1963 to do so.  Dumb