Author Topic: DVD Sales through Amazon vendor  (Read 660 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
DVD Sales through Amazon vendor
« on: October 24, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »
Fans,

an occasional Friday pastime of mine has been scouting around Amazon to see what latest sales are available on the DS DVD sets through Amazon vendors. 

Amazon is being undersold sometimes to the tune of substantial amounts of money for NEW (not used) sets of these discs.  Today I found set 22 being sold NEW for around $17 plus postage.  This is around half of what it would cost during a Deep Discount annual sale.

For those who are afficionados of horror films generally, they have loads on sale on a Halloween sale page that's on their main "Movies and TV" page on their site.

cheers, G.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DVD Sales through Amazon vendor
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 05:35:50 AM »
A DVD I bought recently that was inexpensive is "Black Sunday" with Barbara Steele.  I haven't watched it yet but thought it was good when it aired on TCM a few years ago.  I'm having a hard time deciding what to watch for Halloween ... I have three versions of "Dracula," all of the Roger Corman "Poe" series, "Witchfinder General," the better-than-its-garish-title-would-lead-you-to-suspect "Curse of the Devil" from an M.R. James story ... three versions of "Frankenstein" ... and I've just ordered the Dan Curtis/Jack Palance "Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" along with a double-feature disc of the Frederic March version/Spencer Tracy-Ingrid Bergman version of the same story.  "Gaslight" is always good too, and ... well, you can see my dilemma ...

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995