Author Topic: Question about an episode, need help from the experts  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Question about an episode, need help from the experts
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:02:45 PM »
I am reading an interview with Sam Hall. In it, Hall mentions that Dan Curtis once penalized them for using too many actors by forcing them to do an episode with only two actors. Hall says they did an entire episode with just Grayson Hall and Nancy Barrett.  Can anyone tell me what episode this is, and in what storyline it appeared?  Many thanks in advance.
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Question about an episode, need help from the experts
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:19:06 PM »
I'm wondering if it's not ep 361 during the first Barnabas Storyline, not long before Vicki travels to 1795.  In that episode, It's just Julia, Carolyn, Sarah, and the voice of Dr. Woodard.  Julia is tormented by a number of unseen forces while alone at Collinwood.
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:29:33 PM »
Well, Phil I can't be sure this is the episode you're talking about, but in epsidode 361, the only actors I can remember appearing were Grayson and Nancy. There was also the voice of Dr. Woodard, but he didn't appear physically, and Nancy Barrett in fact only shows up briefly, IIRC. Most of the time it was Grayson on screen; and if you're a fan of hers, her performance in the episode is a tour-de-force.

[spoiler]Mostly the episode concerns Julia being tormented by the vengeful ghost of her old friend Dr. Dave Woodard. In actuality though, I think it's really Barnabas using his supernatural powers to "gaslight" Julia into believing the ghost of Woodard is out to get her, because Barnabas is afraid that Julia's going to spill the beans on him, since she is really guilt ridden over her role in Woodard's murder.[/spoiler]

Maybe someone else knows of an episode other than this one that featured only Grayson and Nancy, or knows the background on whether the small number of actors onscreen for this episode had anything to do with DC being pissed about having too many actors in a previous episode.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 05:00:09 AM »
Well, Phil I can't be sure this is the episode you're talking about, but in epsidode 361, the only actors I can remember appearing were Grayson and Nancy. There was also the voice of Dr. Woodard, but he didn't appear physically, and Nancy Barrett in fact only shows up briefly, IIRC. Most of the time it was Grayson on screen; and if you're a fan of hers, her performance in the episode is a tour-de-force.

[spoiler]Mostly the episode concerns Julia being tormented by the vengeful ghost of her old friend Dr. Dave Woodard. In actuality though, I think it's really Barnabas using his supernatural powers to "gaslight" Julia into believing the ghost of Woodard is out to get her, because Barnabas is afraid that Julia's going to spill the beans on him, since she is really guilt ridden over her role in Woodard's murder.[/spoiler]

Damn [jawdrp] nice memory!
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 02:07:46 AM »
An impressive display of knowledge in here. Thank you so much!
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline michaelhacketttodd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:53:44 AM »
An email was also sent to Marcy Robin last week.  She was reminded of this fact and that she could contact me (and any of you) for assistance.  Marcy may feel Shadowgram is her responsibility.  She has yet to respond to my latest email.  Sorry