Author Topic: DS DVDs Barnabas Unleased  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
DS DVDs Barnabas Unleased
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »
I recently made the plunge and bought a DVD set beginning with episode 210. (Alas, our video tapes have begun to croak on us.)
Anyway, are they supposed to be so dark? There's a scene where Carolyn and Joe are in the Blue Whale and all you can see are their faces. What gives? Anybody else have this issue or is it just me? I was hoping the quality was going to be much better than this.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVDs Barnabas Unleased
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:09:30 PM »
It's been so long since I have watch Set 1.  Is it all episodes?  Which episode are you referring to with the Blue Whale scene?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:06:49 PM »
Episodes 310 thru 214 so far.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 03:30:06 AM »
I just spot-checked those 4 episodes from my DVD set on my media computer and I don't see anything so dark that I can't see faces and such.  Not sure what the problem is with your set (could your TV or computer not be calibrated for proper viewing?), but I don't think MPI has done anything to the master tapes/digital files that were used to create this and other DVD sets.  In the Blue Whale scene, I can clearly see both Joe's and Carolyn's faces, not just their eyes.  And now, of course, I am wanting to go back and start watching those shows again...but first I must complete the pre-Barnabasr DVDs...

Brian

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 10:00:16 AM »
Calibrated for viewing? Unknown. Videos look good. All other DVDs look good. So I don't know. I just wondered. I have an older set, but with DirecTV, everything looks great. Everything but the DS DVDs, I tell ya!

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »
My set was purchased not long after it was first released.  I just spot check the first few eps on disc one and found nothing unusually dark.  if you have another machine or your computer to compare with, I'd recommend trying that first.  Also, check the other discs in the set.  If it's what I suspect then it might be a problem with a subsequent pressing of that set. 

After you have checked and the problem remains consistent, contact MPI.  I have read nothing on here about problems with set one but they may have and be willing to replace the faulty disc(s).

Good luck!  [hall2_smiley]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
OK. Thank you.