Author Topic: I'm confused - so, basically, everything is normal  (Read 860 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
I'm confused - so, basically, everything is normal
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:57:49 PM »
I was checking my email today and in an ad from Amazon found an announcement for a DS DVD - volume 6 of The Beginning set.  Since I thought I had finished purchasing that set awhile ago, I wouldn’t have thought much of it except that they (Amazon) were accepting pre-orders for a release date of October 28, 2008???  To quote Vicki…I don’t understand.  I tried to glean the explanation for this new (?) volume from Amazon and MPI but, couldn’t find anything that made sense.  If anyone knows what that’s all about I would really appreciate any details you might have.

(Please excuse this post if the subject has been on the board before.  I attempted to do a search but didn’t find anything addressing this.)

Thanks!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused - so, basically, everything is normal
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 05:55:29 PM »
Thank you thank you for trying the search feature before asking your question!  [thumbleft]

October 28 is the date of its release to the public, meaning outside of MPI's DVD club membership.  MPI has the same public release date but charges around $15 more plus (I think) shipping.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused - so, basically, everything is normal
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »
That's okay...I try to fend for myself as much as possible ... but there are times!   [silly]

So, it was just a delay in the process and my collection is still complete.  Phew, that's a relief.  But to let you know how much of a fish I am, after buying that set over such a long period of time, I was still ready to cough up another $40+...don't tell MPI - hee hee.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad