Author Topic: Retro TV Stations: A Home For DS?  (Read 755 times)

David

Retro TV Stations: A Home For DS?
« on: October 17, 2008, 04:08:27 PM »
  [candle_in_skull_2]
 [candle_in_skull]

First I read on the Classic Horror Film Board that KDOC TV channel 56 in SoCal (a past home to DS, they ran three years of it) is now dedicating 75% of it's program day to classic TV, including many B & W shows.

Then, channel 20 here in SF (another station that ran DS in the 80s) reverts to it's old call letters, KOFY TV, and launches a very popular retro night, which includes Bewitched, The Munsters, and Gomer Pyle.
KOFY's daily schedule includes Perry Mason.

Then, superstation WGN launches it's own retro night.

Hmmmmm........
could we get these stations to put DS back on the air, I wonder?

David 

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Retro TV Stations: A Home For DS?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »
Wouldn't you think a DS full syndication package wouldls be truly outrageous (financially)??  And not in a good Jem sort of way. [BOO] Someone must not be liking my post much.  I am getting cured!  LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 08:43:36 PM »
I have noticed a lot of random channels are having blocks of old 60's.  Which is awesome. So hopefully, someone out there will realized that people still want to see shows that were on the air before 1990. I doubt that is Dark Shadows gets pick up by a random broadcast channel. It would probably be a theme cable channel. Which one, who knows.. [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 05:30:26 AM »
"MeTV" station channel 49 in Milwaukee is almost all 50s/60s/70s shows and movies, 24 hours.  I have to get a signal booster since this is my only TV station from now on.    I watched some Night Gallery there recently!

[female_skull] [candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor