Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0652_0653  (Read 4142 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0652_0653
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 04:03:05 AM »
apart from being the dawn of "magtoria" does anyone know if this ends up being the last appearance of the evan's cottage?

this was always one of my favorite sets.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 04:49:02 AM »
does anyone know if this ends up being the last appearance of the evan's cottage?

That's a claim that KLS makes in one of her books, but oops, it's not the case.  Maggie returns to the cottage during the Leviathans story to get it ready for new tenants, which sets up a visit from [spoiler]Paul, who didn't know Sam had passed away.[/spoiler]
The scene is immortalized on the blooper DVD.

And of course it's used again as Tate's studio.

But she's right that the Collinsport diner set isn't seen after she's hired to work at Collinwood, though it was actually much sooner than that.   [hall2_sad]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 10:51:30 AM »
I agree that KLS would not have left DS if AM had stayed on. It's too bad Vicki never got to meet Quentin. [hall2_rolleyes]

I enjoyed watching the rapport that Barnabas had with Amy.  [hall_grin] It reminded me of how he interacted with Sarah. It seems to me that Barnabas had a special affinity for Amy because she reminded him of Sarah.  It was sad to watch Amy being so upset about the moon.

It indeed was a shame that Joe and Maggie weren't able to get back together again after that whole Angelique/Nicholas debacle.  [hall2_cry] It's too bad that Joe didn't listen to Amy when she told him he was in danger. The end, when the Werewolf broke though the window, was exciting!  [hall_shocked] With there being no show the next day because it was Christmas, it was almost like a Friday cliffhanger! [hall2_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »
That scene is almost shockingly violent.   It really lets you know we're entering a new period.   With the other "creatures", there was always some sort of enjoyable or "elegant" or atmospheric element to them.   The werrewolf is all about the crudest sort of brute force though, just an animal ripping and tearing.   

Everyone involved really did a great job with that scene.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 03:53:39 AM »
Dark Shadows always needed available women to attack and kidnap, so I don't KLS would have left.

I have always been a bigger fan of KLS than AM, so I am excited to see this new role for Maggie. I actually liked Maggie's outfit today. I have noticed Madonna, Lindsay Lohan and others were similar outfits this year (maybe not the color, but at least the cut of the dress). Everything comes back sooner or later.

Anyway,

I knew the werewolf was going to jump thru the window but it still made me jump for some reason.

Poor Joe!!! [hall2_cry] [hall2_cry]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 11:20:24 PM »
The reason why Julia is pushing all the seditives is because, who do you think the sponsers are of the shows back then.

Maggie had to hang around to be Josette. AM had to lease she was connected to Roger Davis. Did people really want to see his character very much.

When Maggie stops being the waitress we loose the towns point of view. The show completely is centered on Collinwood. Very rarely do we see the town much.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 11:36:37 PM »
I think we lost the point of view of the town once DC cut out the outside interiors so prominent during the first year of the show. Another casuality of the Barnabas era.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2008, 11:39:10 AM »
The reason why Julia is pushing all the seditives is because, who do you think the sponsers are of the shows back then.
They used to have ads in which sitcom characters pushed the products advertised on their shows.  I remember Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies counting the raisins in Raisin Bran.  I would like to have seen Julia promoting the official sedative of Dark Shadows.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »
Julia wasn't any different than the real doctors of the 60's and early 70's  They used to dish out Sleeping and Pep or Diet pills like candy to the adults and I can remember taking them when I was 12 or 13 on doctors advise.  I'm guessing Julia doesn't give out the uppers because the Collinses seem to have no trouble staying awake at all hours of the night.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
I think we lost the point of view of the town once DC cut out the outside interiors so prominent during the first year of the show. Another casuality of the Barnabas era.

I agree.  I also missed the moving establishing shots!  They looked nice in color and they were better than nothing but slides.  I have always wondered had the show continued if they would at one point take another trip to Seaview.  I know they couldn't have done anything about The Old House since the mansion burned in 1969!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/