Author Topic: John Lasell  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
John Lasell
« on: October 08, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »
Has there ever been an interview with John Lasell (Dr. Guthrie)?  He played a significant part in the 1967 Laura story and it's too bad his role was forgotten for so many years because he appeared only in pre-Barnabas episodes.

I see by the Internet Movie Database he is still alive (at 80) and has made many television appearances.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: John Lasell
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:19:18 PM »
Hey Joey, it would have been a wonderful idea to interview John Lassell.  I don't own the relevant DVD sets, so don't know whether any interview footage with him was included in the recent releases of Dr Guthrie's episodes.

I am afraid that if he was not interviewed for those, it's unlikely ever to happen.  I also have no idea whether he was ever invited to attend a DS Festival.

G.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »
I have been watching Collection 5 of the Beginning. Unfortunately, he wasn't included in the interviews.

I haven't heard anything about him going to the festivals, but then again, I've never been able to attend any of them. [hall2_sad]

I liked the character of Dr. Guthrie, he made an excellent adversary for Laura. Too bad [spoiler] he had to go blabbing to Laura that he knew what she was....similar to Dr. Woodard blabbing to Barnabas that he saw his sister, Sarah. [/spoiler] [hall2_rolleyes]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
Lasell was to attend a Twilight Zone reunion in 2002-- one that was put together by the group that does the Hollywood Collectors Shows-- but unfortunately he had to cancel.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 12:14:04 AM »
What Twilight Zone episode was he on?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 04:45:35 AM »
He was in "Back There," one of theTZ eps that focused on time travel, and on what you can or can't change about past events.  The time traveler is played by Russell Johnson, and Lasell's character is eventually revealed to be [spoiler]John Wilkes Booth.[/spoiler]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 06:10:07 AM »
I just finished Volume 5 (is it the 28th already, I NEED Volume 6 LOL) and I love Dr. Guthrie. I haven't watched these eps till now and I have been a fan for 17 years. LONG STORY!  Anyhow I too wish he would have been on the extras. Heck I wish we got more Extra's! LOL  For the price they really should be packed full.  Hey maybe if Johnny's movie RESSURECTS DS again he could be on a compilation if he is with us then!  I think MPI should do more comps.  I would buy them especially if they obtained new interviews and made it more than a CLIPS show!  I personally think DS Behind The Scenes is the BEST compilation! PEROID! Sorry to ramble!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 12:56:05 AM »
I have to agree about the Dr Guthrie character.  I always liked his character. 

I'll admit that I [spoiler]shed a few tears when he came to a bad end but it was such a great storyline that he was in and it was inevitable.  He was a good adversary for Laura.  [hall_cry][/spoiler]
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf