Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0647  (Read 2210 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0647
« on: October 07, 2008, 04:58:25 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0647
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »
I like to comment on another difference between the David of 1966 and the David we're seeing now....David is a heck of a lot more remorseful over what he did to his father in here, tripping him up with the stretched wire, unlike the incident with the tampered breaks. Of course David has changed quite a bit since then.

I liked seeing David's remorse and his relief that his father would be all right....quite a contrast back to the days when he wished Roger dead.

I do think David was ready to break away from Quentin before causing any more harm, too bad Quentin managed to tighten his grip on him with the music.

Now we get the awesome Janet Findley. It's too bad that [spoiler] Quentin scares her to death in the next few episodes. [/spoiler] I think she could really have been a great help to the family. Already in here she was able to make contact with spirits.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:48:55 AM »
Magda was trying to protect the family and the children. Madame Findley also was trying also. I don't think that the family were not really seeing what the children were doing.

Roger is usually the last person to think that something is happening.  Why isn't he putting this all together. I think that Liz, is trying to figure out what is going on.

Roger is "I see nothing, I know nothing"

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 06:03:43 AM »
Never underestimate people's capacity for self-delusion.   Mainly people people believe what they are most strongly motivated to believe.  A simple desire for truth is a weak motivation by comparison.

[female_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 06:24:54 AM »
I would be very surprised if any of the grown-ups figured out what was going on this early.  There's no reason for Roger to associate the tripwire with supernatural causes.  And they have no idea of what the children have been up to, so they haven't much evidence to help them.

Cavada Humphrey did an absolutely fabulous voiceover.  I'd love to hear her read a ghost story.  Also I was thinking, as Madam Findley went into her trance, that she would have made an interesting Julia Hoffman if Grayson Hall hadn't been available.

Amy's a strange child.  She doesn't seem to be at all bothered by the fact that she and David caused Roger to fall down the stairs.  Apparently David broke free of Quentin when he saw his father's accident, but Amy went back to Quentin's room for more fun and games.  I'm not sure what is going on with her.  Is it enchantment, or possession, or simple devotion to an adult figure - even if it's a ghost - who pays attention to her?

Did that Tarot card say LAX?  If so, does that meant that Roger will be going to Los Angeles instead of London?  And is there a skyscraper in Los Angeles that would make an appropriate Tower of Destruction?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »
Cavada Humphrey would also have made an excellent Magda or another gypsy woman.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »
I was thinking the same thing that  Cavada  and Grayson must have gone to the same acting school.  I always wonder why they continually brought back some truly awful actors and then others who were clearly able never returned.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »
Did that Tarot card say LAX?  If so, does that meant that Roger will be going to Los Angeles instead of London?

LOL.  Right side up, it says XVI since The Tower is card 16 of the Major Arcana.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 10:48:24 PM »
Cavada Humphrey would also have made an excellent Magda or another gypsy woman.

I was surprised when she didn't end up channeling Magda in the seance, because she looked the part and I thought it might be intentional.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 04:17:06 AM »
Wow, I did enjoy Mme Findley - a little overblown but kind, and like most mediums (or is that media?  [hall2_grin]) totally in over her head.
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 01:52:41 AM »
I agree with Lydia that Cavada Humphrey did a wonderful voiceover. [clap2] I like Madame Findlay. It was really fascinating to watch her get into a trance and sense that the spirits of Magda and Quentin were at war in the house.  [8_1_203] By the way, this was the first appearance of Madame Findlay, so here's a milestone marking the occasion. [milestone]

It was really frightening to watch David and Amy, under Quentin's influence, try to kill Roger. [BOO] I'm surprised that Roger wasn't hurt that much, but also relieved. [whew] I was glad when David showed some remorse and got out from under Quentin's spell for a little while. It was really sweet to watch David being so concerned for Roger's welfare. [hall_cheesy] Indeed, this David was much different from the 1966 David. It really was a shame that Quentin only had to play his music again to get David back under his power.   [gramophone]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 03:11:52 AM »
I found the Madam Findlay character very interesting. I don't know anything about this character, but I know she is a short lived character [devil2]

It looked like Roger's gun was on the stairs and nobody seem to care. Or was that my imagination.??

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 07:54:42 AM »
The gun had to have fallen somewhere, though I don't remember seeing it specifically on the stairs.  It wouldn't be surprising if nobody cared that it was there: that house is loaded with guns.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 10:39:45 PM »
It looked like it was on one of the steps
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 03:57:25 AM »
.... that house is loaded with guns.

And brandy!

[candle_in_skull_2]