Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #191 -- 2009 Festival  (Read 3796 times)

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #191 -- 2009 Festival
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »
I loved the first year and 1/2 of DS too!! [128]
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 08:14:46 PM »
Well, Taylor and all, at the risk of sounding redundant the reason I could give the first year and a half of DS a miss after onlly seeing it once is simple, has no Barnabas AND Angelique in it, once that triangle was introduced in 1795 it got me and kept me glued to the screen...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2008, 12:31:37 AM »
And that is cool. We all have the things we like and the things we dislike.  I know many people who don't like the way DS started.  Like I have said before I am glad I generally like every DS incarnation.  Original Series,  Pre Barney, the rest of the series, the movies, DS '91, and probably I would love the WB pilot  if I were able to view it and I am SURE I am gonna LIVE for  Johnny Depp's movie!  [8_1_202] I am hopin'!

MB is Halloween your favorite holiday? [8_1_210] All this stuff is great!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 03:28:44 AM »
MB is Halloween your favorite holiday?

It's certainly one of them. I'll leave it to you to figure out what one of the others is once we start decorating for it.  [hall2_grin]

David

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
 [hall2_grin]
 [female_skull]

Rev. Trask & Abigail might want to give Vicki a pair of cement shoes!

David

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 03:03:48 AM »
I was pretty sure it was Christmas?  Halloween used to be my favorite but I haven't been out a lot in the last few year.  Hopefully it will become a joy again in the future!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »
To Philippe, and anyone else interested in the Collectors Series DVD sets--

Amazon is now offering set 2 for 31 bucks and change, and you get free shipping (make sure to check that option since it defaults to the paid rate when it moves you to the postage page). 

As of today, two of the Amazon Vendors are offering set 3 of Collectors' Series for $28 bucks plus change, which with the standard $2.50 charge for shipping brings it to the same price as set 2. 

I can't wait for the Laura sets to start showing up at these prices!

G.

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 06:16:24 AM »
Wow I only have to drive 29 Mile. Mutch closer for me then Tarrytown or even Brooklyn . I don't have to leave the State of New Jersey. Who needs a Hotel I will just drive home. Last year I had to fly 3000 Miles rent a car get a hotel room. I am so close that  I can stay late and arive early. I f decide to take US1 insted of the Turnpike i don't even have to pay a toll.
Dan

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 06:57:05 AM »
As of today, two of the Amazon Vendors are offering set 3 of Collectors' Series for $28 bucks plus change, which with the standard $2.50 charge for shipping brings it to the same price as set 2

They wait and do this when I only need the last one!  Glad y'all can enjoy the discount.  LAURA has me hooked and I can hardly stand it cause I am hanging on such a big cliffhanger and the last one isn't out till Oct. 28!  I think that shows how good this storyline is when I am going crazy to see it and know EXACTLY detail for detail how it ends up.    [8_1_231]

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2008, 01:43:18 AM »
Looks like the $119 rate on the web site requires prepayment of the full room charge. The AAA rate doesn't.

Those prepay non-refundable hotel reservations are a new thing in the travel business (I worked in  travel  for 7years).  I first ran into them when booking my trip to WV in September.  The catch is that the ENTIRE STAY is non refundable if you have to cancel, not the one night which has been the norm.  I'd recommend against taking that chance,myself.

And FYI either the rates on Marriot's site have changed, or John in NC checked differnt day combinations than I did.  AAA's site gave me a quote of $129/night for a week's stay, which is what we want so I can play native guide for the out of town gang.

A FYI to anyone else who wants to book extra days for tourism in NYC:   They told me that the con had blocked the 10th-20th, but the only nights still avaliable at con rate were the 13-17th, or Thursday thru Monday.  They claimed the only rate avaliable for the remaining nights was the NONREFUNDABLE $159/night.

Oh and another fact people who have never attended a con in this area need to know is the NON avaliability of outside restaurants unless you have a car.  I've been general dogsbody or committee on a number of cons which used both the Holiday Inns and the Ramada at this airport, so I know for a fact that food outside of the hotels is NOT walkable.  What we did at Eclecticon was include in the hotel contract that they would take people to the airport for food runs, but its anyone's guess whether this hotel will be that accomodating.

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2008, 06:30:30 AM »
Since I am not that far away I have been thinking about driving down to the Renaissance Newark Airport and scout out the area around the Hotel. I han take photos if anyone wants to ge a lay of the land.
Dan

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 03:36:43 AM »
I took pictures of the Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel today. I posted a link in
2009 DS Festival Hotel Preview -- Renaissance Newark Airport Hotel  thread

I made sure to take pictures of the Liberty Grille Menu a Hamburger is $13 ouch! Thiere is a Burger King, Dunkin' Donuts a Subway and a Perkins within a miile to the south, but on the other side of the highway. There is trafic light near the Hotel and I think you will be able to cross (alot to cross over).
Dan

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 06:40:05 AM »
Thank you, Pansity and DLA75, for your insights and information!  One of the main things I always like to know when the Fest location is announced and it's a place with which I'm unfamiliar is what is available in terms of accessible and affordable dining.  I appreciate the heads-up you've given me.  The $13 hamburger at the hotel restaurant is the type of thing I like to avoid  [devil2]; Burger King and Subway are much more do-able, even it means a walk.  Just the same, I'll be packing lots of non-perishable snacks for this trip.

ProfStokes

Offline DLA75

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 07:29:34 AM »
The Hampton inn Newark Airport (where I parked to take my photos) Next Door to Renaissance Newark Airport is only $79 a night. and May be less with discounts. It also has free parking would be a very good option for alot of you who want to save money.

http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=NWKNJHX
Dan