Author Topic: Festival Stuff......  (Read 871 times)

um yeah

Festival Stuff......
« on: June 15, 2002, 12:23:02 AM »
I have a few questions about the festival.  Here is the itinerary:

DARK SHADOWS FESTIVAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday, June 28

4:00 Registration Opens
6:00 Opening Ceremonies/Skit 1
6:30 Sci-Luv: Dark Shadows
7:00 Guest: Lara Parker
7:30 My Favorite DS Bloopers with Kathryn Leigh Scott
8:15 The Best of Willie Loomis with Guest: John Karlen
9:00 Autographs/Best of Dark Shadows 1991
10:00 House Of Dark Shadows
(with Jonathan Frid video interview and more)
12:00 Horror Classics

Saturday, June 29

11:00 DS Panel: What's New
12:00 Remembering Louis Edmonds
1:00 Guest: Roger Davis
1:30 DS Guest: Jeanne Avery (mother of David Henesy)
2:00 Charity Auction 1
3:00 A New Look At Night Of Dark Shadows
3:30 Guest: David Selby
4:00 DS Cast Reunion
5:00 Autographs/DS Media Features
6:00 Evensong - Vampire Musical
7:15 Premiere: DS Documentary
8:00 Costume Party with Free Refreshments/Skit 2
10:00 Night Of Dark Shadows
(with behind the scenes interviews and more)
12:00 Horror Movie Classics

Sunday June 30

11:00 DS Fan Videos
11:30 Greetings & Song From Donna McKechnie
12:00 DS Video Vault
12:45 DS 35th Anniversary Tribute video
with Dan Curtis & Cast
2:15 Charity Auction 2
3:15 Guest: Chris Pennock
3:45 Guest: Marie Wallace
4:15 Guest: Robert Rodan
4:45 Guest: Diana Millay
5:15 DS Dramatic Showcase
with John Karlen and Kathryn Leigh Scott
6:00 Autographs
7:30 Banquet With The Stars (dinner/video screening/door prizes)
10:00 Farewell

I have never been to a festival, and i live 20 minutes away from it this year, so i dont know how these things go.  Can i attend only the parts that i am interested in?  Or must i stay the duration?  Part of the reason i ask is because i dont want to attend any of the events associated with episodes i have not seen since i am a newbie.  I dont want anything ruined, u know.  But i really relish the thought of meeting the actors and hopefully getting some autographs.  There are autographs on all 3 days.  Why?

Thanks

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Festival Stuff......
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 01:48:24 AM »
As long as you pay your admission to either one day, two or the whole weekend, you can walk around and attend any event that you want. All the events are held in ballrooms, and you are free to come and go as you please. If you are afraid of spoiling your DS viewing by seeing clips of the show, I am afraid your pretty much out of luck on that.  In all the celebrity guest events, some clips of the show are featured throughout. So my advice is when the lights go out, and the video plays, just close your eyes and ears!     :)

That's interesting that your only 20 minutes away.  I have been going to the DS Cons since 1979 and for the first time ever, the Fest is held in my back yard. I am only 10 minutes away!  If this is your first time, you will have a blast.  But there really isn't any way to avoid seeing the episode clips.  

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 03:51:12 AM »
But i really relish the thought of meeting the actors and hopefully getting some autographs.  There are autographs on all 3 days.  Why?

Hi, and welcome!

Who sits at the autograph sessions can vary from day to day.  Some actors might be present for all of them, but others might not be available all 3 days so they'll only sit at 1 or perhaps 2 of them, and it's not unusual that some actors won't be able to stay for the entire session.  The actual autograph sessions can involve long lines, but the good news is that L.A. Fests usually attract much smaller crowds than their East coast counterparts.  Also, some stars will have tables in the dealer's room(s) while the scheduled events are going on, which affords an opportunity to meet them briefly, talk with them, get an autograph and maybe even pose for a photo.  Stars that often have a table are KLS in the Pomegranate Press area, Marie Wallace, Lara Parker, and Diana Millay.  You might find lines at their individual tables, but nothing like the lines for the autograph sessions.

You may have noticed that there are no scheduled breaks for meals, shopping for merchandise, etc., so it's up to you to fit them in.  And in case you were wondering, costumes are optional at the Costume Gala.

It's often a person's first Fest that's the most exciting.  You're going to have a blast!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 07:58:01 AM »
That's how I started going to the Dark Shadows Festival, when it was 10 minutes away from where I lived at the time here in Las Vegas in 1998. I remember being in the autograph line until after midnight on the first day, like 3 hours. I was wearing 2 inch heels and I was ready to take off my shoes or sit down on the floor. My Mom was with me. These 2 nice gentlemen brought us chairs to sit on and they even moved them for us when it was time to get up. I'll never forget that! I fit in breaks for meals, the dealers' room, etc. when I see something on the schedule that doesn't particularly interest me, a hard choice, most everything does. I hope to meet you this time Midnite, don't know how I missed you at the Night Of Dark Shadows 30th Anniversary screening last October in CA.   ::)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan