Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0638  (Read 2311 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0638
« on: September 24, 2008, 10:23:48 PM »

IluvBarnabas

Re: Discuss - Ep #0638
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:55:44 AM »
Is it just me or did Vicki get more upset about Jeff's disappearance than she ever did over Burke's death? Let's forget the difference between AM and BD for the moment, I'm talking about the character of Vicki.

I'm not saying Vicki doesn't have a right to be distraught over losing Jeff, especially so soon after they had gotten married, but I kind of wish the writers had her address the reality of the loss of Burke more than they did.

Uh-oh. Chris has decided to leave town. Mr. Wells' death has made him decide that it's too risky for him to stay on in town. Seems to me though, no matter where he goes, he's going to face the same problem with someone dying. I don't blame Julia for being mad at him for not going to see Amy one more time if he was going to leave town. No matter how unpleasant it would be for both of them, he owed it to his little sister to tell her face to face why he has to break his word to her that he would stay in Collinsport.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 03:23:57 AM »
I like Elizabeth in Red.

Julia is the steady thing that everything turns around. People come and see Julia and ask her advice, or Julia is there to keep the balls from falling to the ground.

Julia is correct that Chris should tell Amy about what is happening, but what would he say.  Do you guys have any ideas.

Julia needs to give Vickie more drugs, she is really over acting, about what is going on. :)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 03:28:30 AM »
Is it just me or did Vicki get more upset about Jeff's disappearance than she ever did over Burke's death? Let's forget the difference between AM and BD for the moment, I'm talking about the character of Vicki.

I'm not saying Vicki doesn't have a right to be distraught over losing Jeff, especially so soon after they had gotten married, but I kind of wish the writers had her address the reality of the loss of Burke more than they did.
Hmm, Burke who? By this time, I wouldn't doubt that the writers had completely forgotten about him. [ghost_rolleyes]

I really like the brief scene between Maggie and Chris. If looks could kill! I liked seeing her give him what for; it reminds me of Maggie in the pre-Barnabas days. I also liked when Julia was getting on to him.

So, I'm confused here. Chris was planning on leaving town that night? During the full moon...?

The security at Wyndcliff is obviously pretty lax. Amy is, what? The third person to escape?

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:45:03 AM »
Unfortunately, like the the replacement Dr. Woodard, I am not nearly as invested in the character of Vicki now.  Sorry, Betsy, but Alex Moltke IS Victoria Winters.  I find myself wishing that Alex had stayed, Peter goes and she ends up pregnant (they did consummate the marriage! ;) ) and they had gone through with a "Rosemary's Victoria's Baby" storyline.
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:52:51 AM »
I loved it when Vicki turned to Elizabeth to be her witness at the wedding and to console her after Peter/Jeff disappeared. They had a nice mother/daughter type of relationship. [ghost_smiley] [spoiler]Of course, we all know that Elizabeth was Vicki's mother. It's too bad that was never revealed on the show.[/spoiler]

I agree that Vicki was getting too distraught over losing Jeff/Peter. Indeed, it's too bad that the writers didn't let Vicki get more distraught over Burke's disappearance. It seems to me that AM would not have gotten as distraught as BD did. It was really weird to have BD in the role after AM had been Vicki for so long. [ghost_wacko]

I find myself wishing that Alex had stayed, Peter goes and she ends up pregnant (they did consummate the marriage! ;) ) and they had gone through with a "Rosemary's Victoria's Baby" storyline.
I agree with that sentiment. Too bad that didn't happen. [ghost_rolleyes] That said, I did think it was neat when Peter/Jeff left the watch and Vicki could feel his presence. [love3]

I also enjoyed watching Julia get on Chris's case for wanting to leave and not say goodbye to Amy. Was this the first episode when everyone needed Julia's help? If so, then a milestone is in order. [milestone] (Of course, if that's not right, I encourage a correction. I wouldn't want there to be a milestone that was unwarranted!)

Poor Chris, being afraid of the full moon and having to endure turning into a werewolf!  [Wolfie] Such a sad situation. [ghost_sad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »
Was this the first episode when everyone needed Julia's help?
No, everyone needed Julia's help right from the beginning in Episode 1.  (Maggie could have used a sedative that evening.)  But this was the first episode in which it was known that everyone needed Julia's  help.

I was quite impressed by Betsy Durkin's performance in the first scene of today's episode.  She looked completely stunned and miserable.  And I'm not surprised that Vicky was more upset over Jeff's disappearance than she was over Burke's death.  Burke didn't dematerialize right before her very eyes, and anyway, she kept insisting that Burke wasn't dead - until she had a replacement for him.

Julia was quite kind to Maggie - telling her the sweet little lie about the events of the past 24 hours.  I don't know why Maggie was so upset about having lost a day out of her life, though.  Surely she should be used to that sort of thing by now.

Uh-oh. Chris has decided to leave town. Mr. Wells' death has made him decide that it's too risky for him to stay on in town. Seems to me though, no matter where he goes, he's going to face the same problem with someone dying.
Yes, he's had (as we later learn) 7 years to think think this whole thing through, and he still hasn't a clue as to how to deal with it.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 07:11:12 PM »
I too wish that AM had played out this stoyline, but it seems that Dan Curtis intended to keep BD until the first episodes with BD aired and the audience's dislike of BD caused a different conclusion to the Victoria stoyline.  I can't help but compare the scene's between Liz and Vickie in the lead up to the aborted wedding and these scenes with BD in the role and see the total lack of connection.  It seems odd today to hear Vickie call her Mrs. Stoddard even though they are so close, but I recall back then anyone older was Mr. or Mrs unless they were really close friends of the family and then we were allowed to call them Aunt or Uncle with their first name.  Things have certainly changed.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 07:24:05 PM »
They had a nice mother/daughter type of relationship. [ghost_smiley] [spoiler]Of course, we all know that Elizabeth was Vicki's mother. It's too bad that was never revealed on the show.[/spoiler]

I have to disagree that we all know this to be true because I don't believe she was, though I'll leave it at that because it would be off topic for this thread.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 01:35:41 AM »
i agree midnite.

the liz-as-vicki's-mother theory seems to be the most popular and sentimental choice but i don't believe that's how it was originally to be played out either.

but as you said off-topic.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:49 AM »
BD wasn't too bad. She was really hard to get used to though.  JB looks so regal.  I like how Besty D is painted as her makeup looks good.  Well well it's nice tos see Maggie.  KLS reverted to her Dark Brown hair in these ep I personally like it this color best.  I like Julia's outfit!  Julia is of course giving Victoria a sedative!  She is the SEDATIVE QUEEN YOUNG AND SWEET ONLY~~ "TELL MY AGE AND I WILL SMACK YOU ONE SIDE OF COLLINSPORT AND DOWN THE OTHER" Julia hollers back at me from the TV!  Just jokin'!  I feel in a funny mood tonight  It must be the  Pinogritio!!  Julia is reading Chris for all it's worth!!  Took Maggie long enough to get up the steps, did anyone notice this??  I think the writers are doing a good job of transitioning the show into another storyline!  Great shot of GH & JB on the landing .  I love whent they utilize that part of the foyer.  It should have been used more.  I have noticed in earlier episodes they seem to utilize a lot more of the FOYER!  :(  When I wrote these reviews I must have been drinking wine too because I keep saying off the wall things.  I think to myself.  "Julia must have a damn good staff at Wyndcliffe.  The woman is never there!!  I guess perhaps she is there on the days GH is off of DS.  She isn't off that often though until towards the end of the show! 

I haven't gotten to the Burke/Victoria relationship so I don't really know about Burke's death and stuff. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 06:24:06 AM »
I reccommend diphenhydramine (Sominex or Benadryl) as a hangover preventative, Taeylor...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 06:37:28 AM »
Wine doesn't give me a hangover!  It is all I drink, plus I have been sipping!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »
Hmm, Burke who? By this time, I wouldn't doubt that the writers had completely forgotten about him. [ghost_rolleyes]

You're probably right. Post 1795, Burke is never, ever mentioned or spoken about again, not even by Vicki.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 08:33:06 PM »
I'm so happy that Maggie remember who she was.... [128]

However, if I was Maggie I would be concern about how many days a year I block out of my mind.

After the last two episodes, I am glad the focus is being switch to Chris.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books