Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0637  (Read 2130 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0637
« on: September 23, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0637
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:18:01 AM »
I thought this show was strange. I like to see JB in red she looks good.

I would think that Jeff/Peter and Vickie consummated the marriage. They couldn't have shown them both in night clothes or less. Even though I didn't have any use for the couple, I wish they should have been able to be together longer.

Barnabas and Julia should have a little time to rest from their troubles. Julia looks good in the blue dress.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 06:29:56 AM »
Betsy Durkin does excellent screams.

We've been shedding the old storyline by leaps and bounds. Julia helped us today, with her practical mind, reminding Barnabas that Angelique had to be disposed of. Back when the show was originally broadcast, a sensible viewer would have concluded, "We're going to follow Peter Bradford back to 1795, and that's why we're cleaning up loose ends in the present."

Strange to think that by doing the herbal thing, Jeff got the information that persuaded him to go forward on marrying Vicky but at the same time apparently opened himself up to being dragged back to 1795.  Looking at the whole Jeff/Vicky storyline now, and divesting it of the whole business with Dr. Lang, Adam, Angelique, and hair-grabbing, I see that it really is rather sweet: two lovers separated by time.  What a shame that it got mangled.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:14 AM »
Betsy Durkin does excellent screams.

True enough. I will say that for her, she really knew how to scream convincingly in here.

When Jeff/Peter was talking about how he and Vicki had been putting up a fight against Trask and the judges back in 1795, I tried to envision Betsy in Vicki's shoes at that time....but I just can't. The memory of Alexandra still lingers on with me, I'm afraid. [ghost_wub]

When Barnabas told Julia he never really believed Vicki really loved Jeff, I have to say, in here, he did deserve that slap. Vicki did change her mind about marrying Barnabas because of Jeff, she did tell Barnabas she was planning to marry Jeff....what did Barnabas think she was just putting him on all this time?! [ghost_huh]

I loved how Barnabas and Julia found Angelique's coffin empty. Barnabas said it just right...Angelique may be gone for now, but she'll be back sooner or later. [ghost_blink]

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:36:30 AM »
When Barnabas told Julia he never really believed Vicki really loved Jeff, I have to say, in here, he did deserve that slap. Vicki did change her mind about marrying Barnabas because of Jeff, she did tell Barnabas she was planning to marry Jeff....what did Barnabas think she was just putting him on all this time?! [ghost_huh]
Well, we know how hardheaded Barnabas is... [ghost_rolleyes]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:18 AM »
I believe this was the first time someone got married on screen on DS. [milestone] If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will point it out to me. [ghost_wink]

This was a bittersweet time for Jeff/Peter and Vicki in this episode.  [love9] They got married, only for him to disappear back into the past and leave Vicki alone. That was so sad. [ghost_sad] I thought this was a really romantic story, that Peter would love Vicki so much that he would come to the future to be with her. [love3] Too bad he had to go back. I agree that this would have been much more effective if Alexandra Moltke had stayed longer.  Although I think Betsy Durkin did a good job, especially with her scream, I wish it were AM instead.

I also loved it when Barnabas and Julia found Angelique's coffin empty. [ghost_shocked] Barnabas was smart to think that Angelique would be back sooner or later. One thing about Angelique, she was never gone for very long! [ghost_wink]

Yes, indeed, Barnabas was very hardheaded. He didn't believe Vicki was committed to Jeff until he heard they got married. He really shouldn't have been shocked at the news. Poor Julia had to witness Barnabas' dispair over Vicki when Julia really wanted him to want her. [sadg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 07:50:39 PM »
I believe this was the first time someone got married on screen on DS.

The date was January 2.  The dress was borrowed, the groom's father was absent, and the champagne was red.  [ghost_wink]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 04:59:06 AM »
Oops! I guess I was wrong! [signerror] How could I forget Barnabas and Angelique's marriage?! [ghost_shocked] I take back the milestone. Sorry about that... [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 05:30:39 AM »
I agree Sally!  I know I felt SO sorry for Julia.  I know you can't make yourself love anyone, or stop loving someone.  I feel for Barnabas and Julia both!   

You surely can see a change a comin' Goddess Lydia!!I wholeheartedly agree Goddess Lydia about the love across time story!!  I am not sure but I hope I can talk about DS '91 in these threads.  If not PLEASE someone  let me know.  I am not gonna compare anyhow so hopefully it will fly.  [spoiler]I just wanted to point out that when PB told Victoria he would find her I SWOONED! Even though I hadn't watched the OS after the finale ended I just KNEW PB would be back next season and that it would cause DRAMA!  Plus Micheal was TOO sexy to be let go!! Sorry another rant!![/spoiler]

Onto to my review!!  A Grayson Voice Over!  The episode is already got my attention! ;)  She like Nancy has such a foreboding sound to her voice.  I love you Gray!!  I have to wonder to myself how different DS might have been in Besty Durkin or [spoiler]Carolyn Grooves (my favorite replacement) would have worked out??[/spoiler]  It is great to see JB! She is always a treat to encounter for me and the woman ALWAYS looks like fabulosity!  RD seems to be enjoying kissing his new SYT!  LOL   Angelique thankfully is finally adressed.  She is gonna be destroyed at dawn!   I have to say I always enjoy seeing JF, GH, and JB do scenes together.  I mean you have an Oscar Nominated Actress, A Hollywood Screen Legend, and  A Wonderful Shakesperean Actor doing a show that was a FAR OUT Supernatural daytime show!! I love the irony!!  You KNOW your never gonna see something like this happen again!!  The stars were aligned! AWW! [banana2]
Apparently Julia showered and changed~~yeah I notice strange things!! 

"Barnabas.  You didn't get any rest.  Well I'll see that you do when you get back!" Julia, The Sedative Queen!   [headbang] I think Barnabas and Julia had a very sweet scene.  I think in her own way she comoforts Barnabas about Victoria marrying Jeff!! The go to destroy Angie and  Julia urges B "to get it over with" LOL  I don't know why she just cracks me up that Grayson!  "Sooner or later she she'll be with us again." She urges.  I like the call back to 1795 [spoiler]and the fact that Barnabas will be traveling there soon![/spoiler]  Stokes was in Rockport, The Chromakey was very evident and you could see a 'dark shadow' along with the chromakey!

Whew I rambled too much about this one.  I loved it though!  A-
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 08:19:09 PM »
I'm so glad that Jeff disappeared!! [128]
That's all i have to say about this one.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
Why "Jeff" didn't get nicer or more interesting after becoming Rebradfordized, I don't know.  Bradford was as good character.   Even the RD tendency to maul in public worked I think with Bradford, since they had only a short time left, and very little of it was out of public view.

Maybe the 20th century just induces people to be jerks.  Mind you, I think the 21st is worse.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor