Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0636  (Read 1985 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0636
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0636
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 06:28:01 PM »
Good old Julia, as usual keeping her head when all about her are losing theirs.

This is the last time we see Adam.  He had to take his green sweater off because Barnabas shot a hole in it, and shortly after that, he walks through that door in Professor Stokes's living room and is never seen again.  I say there's a connection between the two events.  In any case, the option was left open for Adam to return, played by another actor, but apparently there weren't enough letters from distraught viewers begging Dan Curtis to bring Adam back.

Why does Jeff Clark look like Peter Bradford?  The impression I got in today's episode was that Peter's choice of Jeff's body for a host was pretty much random.  It's hard to believe that this randomly chosen body just happened to look exactly like Peter Bradford's 1795 body.  Was Peter Bradford able to mold Jeff Clark's body to his specifications?  It just occurred to me that, whatever the story was, it's an awful shame that Dr. Lang didn't hear about it.  Lang would have been fascinated.  And if Lang had known that the original Jeff Clark's spirit had been evicted from his own body, he (Lang) would have happy to provide the original Jeff Clark's spirit with a new and vastly superior body.

Once again, Vicky hears a call for help from a man who loves her, and once again she dashes to his aid.  It's a busy life, being a sweet young thing.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 02:13:44 AM »
Getting tired of Jeff and Vickie. Have gotten tired of Adam.

[spoiler] All three of them will be gone soon. [/spoiler]

You are correct, Julia is the only one that has kept her head. I don't know how she does this without sleeping.

Barnabas has lost his, even I wanted slap him over the head. He doesn't realize that Vickie will no longer be his lady love. Friend yes, Julia needs to give him a few slaps. I like how she said about making plan for the evening. GH did great. Bravo.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 02:25:16 AM »
Alas, poor Adam! He disappears into the good professor's back room and is never heard from again. Everyone seems to completely forget about him after this. I think his name is mentioned once throughout the rest of the series.

Getting tired of Jeff and Vickie.
So am I. I really didn't have a problem with this story until around the first time they tried to get married. I guess once Jeff found out he really was Peter (as if there were ever any doubt), there was nothing left to do. The rest of the storyline drags out much longer than it needed to.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 02:46:58 AM »
I think Adam had a very happy and satisfying end on DS.   Adam is much better off with DS leaving him and his story alone... since we don't see him again, and he's safely under the tutelage of Stokes, that must mean the misery involved in being an onscreen DS character is now over for him.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 03:14:41 AM »
I'm sorry, but as far as Vicki was concerned in this episode, Julia was the one who needed a slap. Wasn't she the least bit concerned that Vicki might have been seriously injured, maybe even dying? Judging by Barnabas' condition, it's not like Adam was seriously wounded. Good for Barnabas for insisting Julia make sure Vicki was all right.

The whole Peter/Jeff thing is just too complicated for me to figure out.

I like to think that once Adam got away from Collinsport, he may actually have matured. Of course we never see him again. I always wondered whether or not Adam [spoiler] died later on when Barnabas reverted back to being a vampire later on in the Leviathan story. [/spoiler]

Offline Joy Collins

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 03:18:34 AM »
I always wondered whether or not Adam [spoiler] died later on when Barnabas reverted back to being a vampire later on in the Leviathan story. [/spoiler]
I wonder about that too. Every time Barnabas reverts I always find myself thinking, "I wonder what's happening to Adam right now..."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:00:24 AM »
ME THREE!  I always have the same thought about Adam!  I will post my review tomorrow I am sleepy boy.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 09:16:37 AM »
This was the last episode for Adam. [milestone] Unfortunately, his name didn't appear in the credits. Actually, none of the actors were listed! [ghost_rolleyes]

I, too, loved it when Julia warned Barnabas what they would have to do that night if Adam died.  [clap] Indeed, she was being very realistic. [ghost_wink] Barnabas was more worried about Vicki's welfare than he was about Adam and his own welfare.  [ghost_undecided]

I thought it was neat that Jeff could eat a few herbs and discover who he really was and be drawn back to the past.  [ghost_cheesy]  I always loved Prof. Stokes's incantations. [cheer] I thought it was great when Vicki heard Jeff calling her and went to him in his hour of need, and it was very romantic when she prevented him from going back and she stated that they would be married right away. [love3]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 04:30:39 AM »
So Basically Professor Stokes supplies drugs to Jeff. I thought everything about this one was just awful. I can't wait for the Jeff and New Vickie nonsense to be over.  [devil2]

Barnabas needs a clue. And Julia should have yell back at Barnabas. I am just looking forward to seeing more of Chris and Amy.

However, I think it might have been a cool idea to bring Adam back later with a different actor. (new face) Very soapy.

Why did the writers forget Adam? It seems like a lot of characters are leaving/dying/or disappearing right now.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 07:15:38 AM »
I always wished we could have had Adam come back, changed though.  He totally annoyed the hell out of me towards the end of his run!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/