Author Topic: Lime? The new color of Collinsport?  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Lime? The new color of Collinsport?
« on: June 14, 2002, 03:54:09 AM »
Whats with all the chicas wearing lime green dresses and coats these days? It seems odd that both Joan and Lara would have been outfitted in such similar wardrobes. . .
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Lime? The new color of Collinsport?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 05:12:28 AM »
I'm afraid the answer to your question is unbelievable, but true, Julia99.........back in the 60's we actually wore clothes in those hideous, neon, pop-art, posterized, strobe-lit, dope-induced, hallucinated, Peter Max colours.

I swear.....I was there!  :o

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2002, 05:13:45 AM »
Lime was a huge color back in the day!  All the chicks are dressed like they're in Austin Powers In The House Of Dark Shadows!

"That's not Elizabeth Stoddard! It's a man,  baby!!"
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2002, 05:22:33 AM »
i know but lime is not anyone's color![coolb]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2002, 05:29:31 AM »
Whats with all the chicas wearing lime green dresses and coats these days? It seems odd that both Joan and Lara would have been outfitted in such similar wardrobes. . .

You know, I've been wondering if they intended some of Cassandra's clothes for Liz or vice verse.  Bennett was wearing that lilac/grey dress the other day that Parker had worn before.  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2002, 06:37:12 AM »
It seems odd that both Joan and Lara would have been outfitted in such similar wardrobes. . .

And during the hospital scenes this week, it seems like Victoria's and Maggie's outfits were the same patterns and materials, only inverted...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2002, 08:14:24 AM »

You know, I've been wondering if they intended some of Cassandra's clothes for Liz or vice verse.  Bennett was wearing that lilac/grey dress the other day that Parker had worn before.

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe the producers felt that they could save money this way.   Carolyn also wore lime green a few times as well.  Im suprised they haven't put Vicky in that color too, but her color lately seems to be navy blue.  :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2002, 05:26:49 PM »
I remember that in 7th grade I had a neon lime green dress.  I was pretty snazzy in the 7th grade.  Thank you Angelique.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2002, 05:55:35 PM »

Yes, I noticed that too. Maybe the producers felt that they could save money this way.   Carolyn also wore lime green a few times as well.  Im suprised they haven't put Vicky in that color too, but her color lately seems to be navy blue.  :)

Yes it seems Julia has been wearing her grey pinstrip suit with the coral scarf a lot these days.  ..saving on dry cleaning?  It cracked me up that she had that one when they "originally" found Trask in the basement but on the 2nd day, during the re-enactment. . that whole episode she had on a trench coat??  Did Grayson spill something on the suit?  Was it filmed during a hot NY summer and she didn't want to wear anything under her trench coat?? Who knows. . .but the Wardrobe Mistress shoulda paid a bit more attention to some of these things.. .
Julia99

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2002, 06:51:44 PM »

And during the hospital scenes this week, it seems like Victoria's and Maggie's outfits were the same patterns and materials, only inverted...

I noticed that. That dress Maggie wore I believe is usually worn by Victoria.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2002, 11:15:03 PM »
Dear Scout75,

That blue dress with the red stripes that Vicky wore to the hospital reminds me of one of the dresses that Dame Diana Rigg wore when she appeared as Mrs. Emma Peel on "The Avengers" with the great Patrick MacNee.

I wonder if Vicky ever wore a "hot-looking" leather outfit like Emma Peel did while kung fu-ing bad guys along with the always sartorially splendid John Steed?

Bob the Bartender, who says, "Mrs. Cassandra Collins, we're needed!"

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2002, 11:31:51 PM »

I wonder if Vicky ever wore a "hot-looking" leather outfit like Emma Peel did while kung fu-ing bad guys along with the always sartorially splendid John Steed?

Now THERE's a fanfic waiting to happen.  :D :D

Cheers,

Linda

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2002, 01:18:12 AM »
Dear Scout75,
That blue dress with the red stripes that Vicky wore to the hospital reminds me of one of the dresses that Dame Diana Rigg wore when she appeared as Mrs. Emma Peel on "The Avengers" with the great Patrick MacNee.

It's very much an Emma Peel dress!

And here I was thinking I was the only one who liked Mrs. Peel's "catsuits".  ;D

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
LIME IS FUN!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2002, 04:52:16 AM »
Now THERE's a fanfic waiting to happen.  :D :D

LMAO!

I love the lime green color! I think it's soooo kewl!! It's so bright and cheery and would cut down the need for light bulbs a whole bunch.....maybe that's why they wore so much of it -- candles don't give off nearly as much light as lamps do, and we all know *someone* had stock in the candle company.... [silly] I wish lime green were in style today.....actually, I'm wearing lime green today! [angl2] yaay!!! to hell with conformity! [emblgh]
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2002, 05:08:59 AM »
I brought my mother shopping today and she bought a pair of lime green pants.  She loves the color. It horrifies my brother but hey let her wear what she wants.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth