Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0626  (Read 1143 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0626
« on: September 08, 2008, 01:00:24 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0626
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »
There was a nice moment when Elizabeth laid Vicky's veil down on the boxes on the windowseat.  Of course the boxes were put there deliberately by the crew, to remind the viewers of the wedding presents that would have to be returned.  But I was just captivated by Joan Bennett for a few seconds.  It may have something to do with her dress, which was beautiful - much prettier than the thing she wore when she was going to marry Jason McGuire.

Adam turns to violence again, and kills the mate that was created for him.  Is he violent because he is still a child, or is he violent because he has Barnabas's vampire life force running through him?

Marie Wallace commented in her autobiography on the difficulty of playing dead - keeping her eyes open and unblinking and still.  She did a magnificent job.

It occurred to me today for the first time that if Jeff, who was Peter Bradford in an alien century, were tried for Eve's murder, it would be a nice companion piece to the witchcraft trial in 1795 of Vicky, who was also in an alien century.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
I for one don't blame Adam for killing Eve. After the act she put on, pretending to love him, then following her to another guy's place and hearing her admit she can't stand his guts and that he was ugly...that was more than enough to set him off.

Wasn't surprised to see Eve go to Jeff's place. She was seriously in a state of denial, thinking she could win Jeff's love once she proved he really was Peter Bradford, despite just a couple of episodes she found out from Peter how much he was really in love with Vicki.

I was glad to see Vicki wasn't willing to give up on Jeff/Peter. Maybe it's just me, but I thought I saw a spark of the old, pre-Barnabas, clueless era Vicki in here. She wasn't going to give him up no matter how hard he tried to push her away. Really interesting to watch.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:35:52 AM »
Adam killed Eve in this episode. [milestone] I loved the chilling murder scene, with the lightning flashes briefly putting some light on them. It was really exciting and scary! [shkdg] For once, when it was supposed to be dark, it was dark! I don't blame Adam for killing Eve, either. Eve was asking for it with her behavior. She didn't realize just how much danger she was in and how violent and strong he was, especially when provoked. [ghost_mad]

Yes, indeed, some of the pre-Barnabas Vicki had returned in this episode. I loved her spunk and devotion to Jeff/Peter. [love3]

Marie Wallace takes the prize for playing the most believable dead person. [first] She did a great job of not blinking and keeping her eyes very still. I loved it. [clap]  It's always so spooky when a person dies with his/her eyes open. [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »
I'm going to guess that MW is the kind of actor who enjoys being killed off or having horrible things happen to her character.   She really attacked the part of Jenny I know (in a good way I mean, she threw herself into it and enjoyed it I think).
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 04:53:02 AM »
I think this was a great show. I like all the hard work of the actors and the amount of speed that the show moved. I can imagine how hard everyone work to move from scene to scene.

I liked the way that they made the same set look so different. They used the same room for Barnabas' room in 1795.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 04:42:45 AM »
I hope this is the point of no return for Adam. Seriously he killed Eve. I liked Eve... [devil2]
However I am excited for the upcoming new storylines.

I love the fact the Jeff messed up twice today. 1st time in cemetery where he almost knock over a tombstone and the 2nd time in his room where he dropped the book....hehehe

I do have a question. Where do Jeff and Joe live? It's looks like they rent rooms.??
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books