Author Topic: Did David Henesy leave??  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Did David Henesy leave??
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 01:07:51 AM »
I thought the kid was fed up with the crummy storylines and hi-tailed it out of Dodge. I know I would have. Mr. Henesy started out as the main Damien Omen character, thus had a lofty part and mega dialogue. "When the moon rises...when the sun comes over the mountains...when the...oh, to heck with it."
I think David Collins was at his wickedest when he [spoiler]tried to kill his old man by removing the bleeder valve from the breaking system. And how about the time he locked Miss Winters up? And how about the crystal ball business when he declared all his relatives were about to die? What a kid.[/spoiler]
After playing such a mean spirited child, and then reduced to a mediocre ghost watcher, I'm sure DH's mama had no qualms about pulling the kid out of his contract, if indeed he had one.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2008, 02:06:35 AM »
In Kate Jackson they finally found the good Alexandra Moltke replacement they had needed for so long, but too late to do them any good.   She could have been a great Victoria Winters two years earlier.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2008, 02:09:17 AM »
In Kate Jackson they finally found the good Alexandra Moltke replacement they had needed for so long, but too late to do them any good.   She could have been a great Victoria Winters two years earlier.

EW! I can't stand Kate Jackson. I hate the 40 parallel, Quentin, thing. YUK!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2008, 03:19:54 AM »
I have nothing against Kate Jackson and wouldn't have minded seeing her as a new governess.

Didn't Henesy basically say that he just didn't enjoy acting anymore? Of course, his characters had pretty much dried up. He was great in the "Evil David" eps, but then David and all his various incarnations throughout time were essentially all the same: the kids who were always getting themselves in some sort of predicament and needed someone to save them. There was more variation amongst the Quentins.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 03:50:55 AM »
I imagine that if DS had continued, Kate Jackson would have become a regular member of the cast, but with Henesy's departure there no longer would've been a need for a governess (unless they decided to continue with Kathy Cody living at Collinwood and somehow decide that a mid-teens girl needed one, instead of having her attend the local high school).  Kate Jackson probably would've been given some other peripheral character who had some dealings with the Collins family; maybe she'd play the wife of a rookie cop in Collinsport.

Now, unless they recasted the role of David, what would have been interesting is seeing how they explained his sudden departure.  Maybe Roger finally got his wish and packed him off to a military academy?

Gerard

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 04:56:52 AM »
OT, I know, but I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Kate Jackson.  I first came to know her in Charlie's Angels and she was easily my favorite.  My mother also really liked Scarecrow and Mrs. King and so my affection for her continued.  I look very much forward to getting to know her DS work more.... [love7]
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 04:07:55 AM »
OT: I love Kate she is a good actress and rescued CA from the abyss many times however my favorite Angel is Jaclyn! I swear Jaclyn looks amazing!  She has aged wonderfully! *SWOON*  I have a big ole crush on her and Cheryl Ladd and I am gay.  Figure that out!! LOL  I also liked Cheryl much more than Farrah.

I was not even on the earth when this show started but I have always been drawn to classic tv and Aaron Spelling shows!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 12:53:16 AM »
I think Kate Jackson's work on DS is very much underrated. She infused Daphne with such spunk...she reminded me so much of Alexandra's Vicki the first year of the show. It would have been interesting if Kate had been cast as Vicki. She does remind me more of Alexandra than Betsy Durkin. Or they could have had Daphne be somehow related to Vicki, if only it hadn't been for that stupid twist during the Leviathan story.

I loved watching Kate opposite David Selby and James Storm...she had great chemistry with both (but I wanted Daphne and Quentin together!).

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 05:38:49 AM »
Getting back on topic a bit.  I think it would be awesome to see David H when he hit his twenties.  I imagine he turned into a handsome young man.  Alas 17 years in fandom and the only adult picture I have seen of him is the one on Collinwood.net!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 05:55:05 PM »
I'm not 100% certain, but ISTR reading of some friction between David and his (stage) mother that has soured his memories of his time on DS.  Last I heard he owned a restaurant in NYC and has put DS far behind him. 

I would be happy to be proven wrong, of course!
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »
Neslon he is in South America now according to Collinwood.net running a hotel/restaurant as far as I remember. And regardless of his stage mother, I am sure David still has fond memories of his costars and life on the set.  I know it's his decision to stay silent and lead a quiet life. However the original stars are getting up there and he may be the only link we have to the original one day.  If nature takes it's course in a normal way he will be around when the others are gone.  Oh well we can wish.....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2008, 10:58:42 PM »
So far we've heard suggestions that DH may live on three different continents.  We're really narrowing it down...!

When I was watching DS originally, I was two years younger than he was.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2008, 02:25:20 AM »
I just checked Collinwood.net and it says he is married with three children and works as a Managing Director for a hotel. He set a note to Collinwood.net in 2002 and said he was in Runaway Bay Jamaica!  His kids were 14, 12 and 3 at the time.