Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0623  (Read 2370 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0623
« on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:57 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0623
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:24 AM »
Danielle Roget's story seems to go something like this: She murdered a few guys in France, and managed to have a few others sent to the guillotine.  Eventually, because revolutionary France was unstable, she had to flee with her lover, Philippe Cordier, whom she probably didn't love back: very likely she was just using him as a vehicle to get out of France.  Somehow Philippe and Danielle ended up in Collinsport.  It seems like a strange place for Danielle Roget to be, but maybe the first ship they could find was headed for Collinsport.  I imagine that they planned to go on to someplace more cosmopolitan as soon as possible, but before they could, Danielle caught sight of Peter, and killed Philippe so she could be with Peter.  Ben Stokes was enthralled by her (Ben seems to have had a weakness for evil Frenchwomen), so he may well have played some small part in Philippe's murder, though I doubt he knew what he was doing at the time.  And then Peter, though initially smitten with Danielle, found out about the murder and decided she wasn't his type.  So she went away, meek as a little lamb, and was never heard of in Collinsport again.  That last part of the story seems very unlikely.  Does anybody know of any serial killings in the US in the late 1790s?  Incidentally, Ben's infatuation with Danielle would explain why Professor Stokes was acquainted with her name.  Ben may not have known the whole story, but Professor Stokes would have tracked it down once he read about her in Ben's journal, and drawn his own conclusions about how evil she was.

Have I left anything out?

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:28:21 AM »
I'm sorry, but I agree that the whole Eve/Jeff and Danelle/Peter thing just made little or no sense.

On the other hand, it was fun watching Angelique betray Nicholas. 

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 06:35:50 AM »
I am disappointed. Prof. Stokes seemed to think that Danielle Roget was the most evil woman in history, but she didn't seem all that evil to me!  [ghost_nowink]  Sure, she was no saint, but not really that evil, either. She was a spoiled woman with an attitude who was used to getting what she wanted and killed only a few people. Not unlike Angelique, as was mentioned before.  [ghost_rolleyes]

But I still enjoyed Eve's adventure in 1795, especially when she disappeared in front of the gaoler!  [8334] It was revealed that Ben knew Danielle, and was easily influenced by her. [shkdg] It was fortuitous when she ended up with the Collins family history book and Peter's hastily written letter. Just in the nick of time, too! [ghost_wink]

It was very satisfying to see Joshua, Ben, and Peter again. It was cute that Joshua and Ben were both afraid of the history book. [ghost_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 02:15:50 PM »
I am disappointed. Prof. Stokes seemed to think that Danielle Roget was the most evil woman in history, but she didn't seem all that evil to me!  [ghost_nowink]  Sure, she was no saint, but not really that evil, either. She was a spoiled woman with an attitude who was used to getting what she wanted and killed only a few people.

We can forgive her, I think, since weapons of mass destruction hadn't been invented yet!

The fact that Eve snatched the history seems to contradict Barnabas getting ity in 1897, even though Barnabas referred to Eve's taking of it as the reason it would be available in 1897, when it should have been the reason that it wouldn't be.   Well, I suppose they could have claimed Victoria carried it with her into the past a second time....!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
I agree that Danielle Roget didn't seem so very evil, but apparently Nicholas Blair had found her helpful between 1795 and 1968, so she must have been pretty bad.  As for Professor Stokes's assessment, I think it was influenced by the fact that Danielle Roget used his ancestor.  Blood is thicker than water.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »
Eve is either the biggest moron that ever walked the planet or she's delusional...or both. Even after Peter tells her he won't go with her because he's very much in love with another woman, she STILL thinks she has a chance with the guy! You'd think this would have been an eye-opener for her, but apparently not.

I wonder...why is Ben still working at Collinwood? Didn't Joshua give him his freedom? Ben should have been long gone by now.

I admit, I too enjoyed watching Eve disappearing in front of the jailor...guy must have thought he had been conversing with yet another witch after that!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:23:28 AM »
I wonder...why is Ben still working at Collinwood? Didn't Joshua give him his freedom? Ben should have been long gone by now.
I imagine Ben felt sorry for both Joshua and Daniel.  And he may not have wanted to go too far from Barnabas's coffin.  Not because he was scared that Barnabas would get out, but because (perhaps) he felt that if he left, he would have been abandoning Barnabas - even though there was nothing he could do for Barnabas.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:09:19 AM »
[spoiler]In "1796" (rewritten 1795), Joshua was off to Bangor on a wild goose chase to find Barnabas and Ben delivers the lines to Nathan that Joshua did "the first time around".   I'm not sure if this changes or cancels the goodbye scene between Joshua and Barnabas, where Barnabas gets Joshua to promise to give Ben his freedom.   In any event, Ben ends up back in Collinwood by 1840.   Ben could be a free employee of Joshua's.[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:59:41 AM »
 A very reasonable answer as to why Ben [spoiler]was still at Collinwood in 1840.[/spoiler] And for that I will curse you my friend.  I cannot understand why your positive is higher than your negative.  Perhaps people don't realzie (like me at first) that cursing is better than curing on this board!  [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 09:57:22 AM »
... cursing is better than curing on this board!  [ghost_wink]
Unfortunately, I have over two times more cures than curses on this board. [ghost_sad] That's because when I tried catching all those floating icons, I caught more cures icons than curses icons.  [ghost_nowink] I wish there was a way for me to get more curses than cures. Oh, well, that's the way it goes...  [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »
Well I will curse you as I can.  I can only do it once a day but maybe I can make a dent in it. [ghost_wink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 10:45:18 AM »
Thanks, Taeylor! [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 02:47:21 AM »
I don't remember the book in 1897, but I have only watched it once.

I think that Ben would have stayed with the Collins family. Also I think that Collins family would want to keep him around. Just think of all the family secrets that he knew.

We never thought that Eve was very smart.
[spoiler]Just think how she met her end. She never realized how good she had it. But She and Angelique did die because of their love for a man that didn't want them.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 02:46:27 AM »
If Eve was that evil, why didn't she just try to kill the Jailer. ??
I am also confused, how did Peter recognized her. Was she in the body of Danielle or Eve? Seems like to me they just glossed over that fact.

Either way, I enjoyed the change of pace.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books