Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0620  (Read 1559 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0620
« on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:48 AM »

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0620
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:44:20 AM »
Fabulous episode! I just loved Barnabas' last line to Angelique on this episode, when he repeated, "Forever". One of the best Friday cliffhangers on DS! [clap2]

I liked it when Adam was honest to Julia and told her not to waste time, that Barnabas wasn't there, and he wanted her to help Barnabas.  [ghost_smiley]  But then, he let Angelique manipulate him into taking the cross away from Barnabas! Bad Adam!  [ghost_nowink]  It was cute when Adam showed Angelique the cross, and she had to turn away. It's too bad Adam didn't realize just how much Angelique was an enemy to both Barnabas and him[ghost_sad]

That was really smart of Barnabas to have Vicki get him a cross. [ideag] It's too bad Vicki was careless and left to get Julia at the worst possible time. Little did she know that Adam was there waiting for her to leave. [ghost_undecided]

I agree, JF and LP were superb today. It was so dramatic and sad to watch Barnabas being so weak and stating the truth, that he thought Angelique would kill him. [cryg] I love the line, "I am dying." Angelique was not thinking clearly, because she failed to listen to Barnabas' warning that Nicholas could stake them during the day. All she cared about was being with Barnabas "forever". Angelique was now attempting to do to Barnabas what Barnabas wanted to do to Josette before Angelique intervened. How ironic!  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »
What I don't understand is why Angelique thinks Barnabas will stick with her when he becomes a vampire and is therefore free from her power.  Oh, well, I do understand: Angelique is Angelique.

The image of Angelique kneeling on the ground, feeding from a prostrate Barnabas, was sickening.

Julia was spectacularly brave, going back into Nicholas's house.  I'm not sure I could have done it had I been in her shoes.  (Or would it be more Julia-specific to say "in her gloves"?)  And her meeting with Adam was strange.  At one point I had this sudden idea that Julia was going to say, "Adam, don't you remember how I took care of you when you were a baby?" but the writers weren't that stupid.  At the end, when Adam told Julia to get out of the house, it seemed as if he felt the house was evil and he was worried about her welfare - but that can't be right.

Adam still believes that he and Eve can live happily ever after, apparently.  Poor pathetic Adam.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 11:02:54 AM »
What I don't understand is why Angelique thinks Barnabas will stick with her when he becomes a vampire and is therefore free from her power.  Oh, well, I do understand: Angelique is Angelique.

My thought too.  Ayway, never understimate people's capacity for convenient self-delusion.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 07:08:14 PM »
I think this is the last time Angelique bites Barnabas, isn't it?

Another great episode. Angelique really wants her man, doesn't she?

I too wondered what made Angelique think she could hold on to Barnabas once she made him what she is. But as Lydia and Magnus pointed out, Angelique just believes what she wants to believe and that is Barnabas will want her once he is a vamp again. Ha!

I had to laugh at the scene where Adam attempts to give the cross to Angelique and finally she runs out screaming for him to destroy it. And he doesn't understand why it has such an effect on her. If he only knew...

I wish Adam had let Julia search the house. But no doubt he didn't want her to find Eve.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:21:20 AM »
I have a question why didn't Angelique flinch the first time when they showed the cross through the mirror. I was wondering where else did we see that gold cross? Wasn't it in Barnabas' coffin?

Why didn't Vickie figure out about the day and night time. Didn't Barnabas say at one time that it was daytime and it was still safe. I know in DS things are always set up to make conflict. But for once why didn't she leave during the day?

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 06:36:29 AM »
I am kinda of burnt out on Angelique's victims. Sometimes it just seems to drag on.  [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books