Author Topic: Naggie?  (Read 948 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Naggie?
« on: June 12, 2002, 11:25:10 PM »
Can't remember who used to call her that? The girl is in serious trouble. She ends one episode telling Willie she will NEVER let up on finding out about that terrible creature that she hates so intensely.....then it's like, you know, it was all a misunderstanding, Pop thought he wanted to hurt me. HELLO??? What part of "kill Maggie" do you think Pop misunderstood? Then she actually gets it right and says that it would have been OK if SHE hadn't flipped out and tried to hit Adam with a hammer.

And little Miss "I can't lie to people even to save my life when I'm a time traveler" Winters sure didn't have any trouble lying to Professor Stokes, now did she?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Linda

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Virtual Series
Re: Naggie?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2002, 01:43:34 AM »
Can't remember who used to call her that?

I think it was Henry (AuntieFoundling) who used to call her Naggie, although I'd change her name to "Duh!" based on recent DS scenes.  

POSSIBLE
SPOILER
BELOW

It's a shame that they progressively dumbed down the character, especially after the excellent portrayals in the early Barnabas episodes -- the early Maggie was far more interesting.    

With the exception of that written for the pre-Josette Kitty Hampshire, KLS must have shuddered over the insipid dialogue she was given in post-1795 storylines (1970 PT in particular) -- along with the numerous directions to "open eyes wide and appear utterly helpless" -- and by the time Sebastian Shaw whisks her away from Collinwood, she looks like she's had a lobotomy.

Cheers,

Linda

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 01:52:30 AM »
Can't remember who used to call her that? The girl is in serious trouble. She ends one episode telling Willie she will NEVER let up on finding out about that terrible creature that she hates so intensely.....then it's like, you know, it was all a misunderstanding, Pop thought he wanted to hurt me. HELLO??? What part of "kill Maggie" do you think Pop misunderstood? Then she actually gets it right and says that it would have been OK if SHE hadn't flipped out and tried to hit Adam with a hammer.

And little Miss "I can't lie to people even to save my life when I'm a time traveler" Winters sure didn't have any trouble lying to Professor Stokes, now did she?

Frankly, I was tempted to throw something heavy at the TV at both of them today.  Oy.  They both need serious help (at least they're in the right place, maybe they could have some brain transplants done  8))

Are we past the possessed jewelry bit, because I don't think I can stand to see Maggie put on those stupid earrings and become more spaced out then she already is.  Sell the bloody things already or turn them over to the cops.  

But getting back to the hospital stuff.  Does it occur to no one that it is just a wee bit strange for Cassandra to start turning into Florence Nightingale?  

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 07:36:45 AM »

Frankly, I was tempted to throw something heavy at the TV at both of them today.  Oy.  They both need serious help (at least they're in the right place, maybe they could have some brain transplants done  8))

Are we past the possessed jewelry bit, because I don't think I can stand to see Maggie put on those stupid earrings and become more spaced out then she already is.  Sell the bloody things already or turn them over to the cops.  

But getting back to the hospital stuff.  Does it occur to no one that it is just a wee bit strange for Cassandra to start turning into Florence Nightingale?  

Luciaphil

hey i came close to throwing something too!Talk about Dumb and Dumber! poor E.T. witchcraft Vicki  remember they almost hung you!she wanted to stop his suffering THAT IS WHAT THE NURSES ARE FOR!

jennifer

speaking of casper i miss him!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 08:31:29 AM »
hey i came close to throwing something too!Talk about Dumb and Dumber! poor E.T. witchcraft Vicki  remember they almost hung you!she wanted to stop his suffering THAT IS WHAT THE NURSES ARE FOR!

jennifer

speaking of casper i miss him!

Jennifer, did you notice that this post added another star to your membership?  :D  Please join me on the Testing 1, 2, 3 board to congratulate our newest
Senior Member, yay!!!

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 09:40:03 AM »

I sure hope that's the end of those earrings! The funny thing is that the very first time she visited Willie at the old house, she wasn't even wearing them, and she still was acting spacey. Somebody messed up somewhere I guess. [hdscrt]

It sure is strange how nobody notices this "new" sense of concern in Cassandra. First she shows up at his house to give him some tobacco, then she comes to visit him in the hospital? I mean she hardly even knows the guy and Maggie or Joe don't think it's strange? [hdscrt]

Also thought it was odd to see Vicky talking so rudely to Professor Stokes. What happened to "miss politeness?" First Maggie calls the Professor up and begs him to come to the hospital because her father had the dream, then when he does show up, both Vicky & Maggie treat him as if he's half mad! Lately, Adam is starting to look more sane than everyone.
"Calamity Jane"