Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0617  (Read 1421 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0617
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:58:10 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0617
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:06:27 PM »
I'll bet Barnabas got lost in the maze between the Old House basement and the cliffs by the beach and that's why we didn't see him today.

As Eve was explaining once again to Jeff that she looked different from before, I thought what a fool she was to expect him to recognize her - but then I noticed that the way she was acting seemed very appropriate for Danielle Roget/Leona Eltridge.  Predatory.  So maybe a memory was stirred in Jeff and that's why he really didn't fight when she kissed him.  Or maybe he's just a louse.  At any rate, it's no wonder Roger was shocked.  First Jeff rejects an unbelievably good job offer without giving any reason, and now he's kissing another woman.  And then, as per usual, Jeff's first thought is: "Don't tell Vicky!"  In The Full Monty, the Tom Wilkinson character gets laid off and six months later he still hasn't gotten around to telling his wife.  I can see Jeff doing just the same thing with Vicky.

I was surprised when we saw the skeleton bride.  I thought we were going to see Eve.  The skeleton took me straight back to the dream curse.  Same wig, too.  I didn't think to take a closer look at it, but now I'm wondering if it's a wig that we've seen on other heads.  I don't think it's Cassandra's.  Does anybody have any other guesses?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
I absolutely love this expression of frustration on Eve/Marie's face while she was trying to get through to Jeff:

And why do I suspect it mirrors many a viewer's frustration with Jeff?  [ghost_cheesy]

(And this capture shouldn't at all be confused with the capture in this post on CTP/FITBs-Y3:
They ARE different. Trust me.  [ghost_wink])

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:15:09 AM »
In the beginning of this episode Jeff talks about trust to vicki, and then later on he's hiding things from her.  [ghost_huh]

when Eve tells Jeff to look in to her eyes in hopes that he'll remember her and the past, it's as though she's trying to put a spell over him, at least that's the music that usually plays when someone is trying to gain power over someone. but Eve has no magical abilities so it was rather odd.

I always enjoy these happy tranquil moments between Elizabeth and Vicki.  [ghost_happy]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:46:47 AM »
I wonder if Barnabas remembered the maze. Those doors were challenging.

Roger is trying to be a nice guy. Jeff is clueless on how to treat a lady.

No a very exciting show.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:40:21 AM »
This was the first time we saw Roger have a nightmare. [milestone] I loved the dream - it was really spooky. I love the effect of the vaseline on the camera lens, making the scene appear hazy. (I'm not hard to please, I love all the dream sequences!) [winkg]

It was good to see a "mother/daughter" moment between Elizabeth and Vickie. [spoiler]Again I say: It's too bad it was never revealed on the show that Elizabeth was Vickie's mother.[/spoiler]

When Roger caught Eve and Jeff kissing, it reminded me of the time that [spoiler]David saw Cassandra and Tony kissing.[/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:23:21 PM »
I loved the music in the dream - the wedding march with nightmarish weirdness added in.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:07 PM »
Awhile back, I mentioned this, but I'll say it again...why does Eve expect that, if Jeff does remember he's really Peter Bradford he'll fall in love with her and out of love with Vicki?

Okay, I'll cut her some slack on this...at this point she doesn't know that Vicki travelled back in time and met and fell in love with Peter, so here, I can see why Eve might think she can get Jeff back...but a few episodes later [spoiler] she goes back to 1796 to try and stop Peter from hanging and learns that Vicki came back to that time as well and she and Peter fell in love. Jeff was very hostile to Eve/Danielle at first and only when she offered to help him escape did he warm up to her. Then he changes his mind and tells her he can't go through with it because he wants to be reunited with Vicki, either in death or another life. [/spoiler]

There to me says Eve should have realized that nothing she did was going to change Jeff's feelings for her or for Vicki.

I too enjoyed the scenes between Elizabeth and Vicki. It seems to me that, Elizabeth was almost getting over her fear of being alive, but not quite. Maybe Angelique's presence, though Elizabeth herself was unaware of it, kept her from fully recovering.

Loved Roger's nightmare. I expected him to shrug it off, but it really got to him. It was probably from seeing Jeff and Eve kissing and Jeff's denial that made him take it seriously.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 11:43:45 PM »
There to me says Eve should have realized that nothing she did was going to change Jeff's feelings for her or for Vicki.
Eve and Angelique are so very much alike!

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 04:35:01 AM »
I think I hear the words self centered.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 03:49:17 AM »
I am still very confused about the timing of when Eve (Danielle) and Jeff (Peter) were together. ???

Anyway I really loved Roger today. He really show true concern for Vicki.  [hall2_smiley]

That dream was a little too much for me. I thought it was going to be Eve as well.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books