Author Topic: Collinsport Hospital  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
Collinsport Hospital
« on: June 12, 2002, 10:46:51 PM »
I thought for sure by now it would have been renamed the "Eric Lang Memorial Hospital"

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Collinsport Hospital
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 11:12:16 PM »
And I would have thought they could put up a sign that DIDN'T look like felt letters on a felt board. Brought back old sunday school memories.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2002, 06:45:51 AM »
I just love the fact that Adam can walk around undetected in the hospital.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2002, 10:00:41 AM »
I just love the fact that Adam can walk around undetected in the hospital.

LOL!  And not to mention the fact that he "actually" knows where the hospital is!  He sure is getting around fast these days.

Another thing, where was everyone?  I didn't see one nurse or even a doctor the whole time Sam was in the hospital.  At least when Barnabas was in the hospital, he only had to let out a yell before Dr.Lang would come running in to his bedside. Here, poor Sam drops dead and Vicky's outside yelling & screaming for help and you don't see a soul around. [hdscrt]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 02:19:45 PM »

LOL!  And not to mention the fact that he "actually" knows where the hospital is!  He sure is getting around fast these days.

Another thing, where was everyone?  I didn't see one nurse or even a doctor the whole time Sam was in the hospital.  At least when Barnabas was in the hospital, he only had to let out a yell before Dr.Lang would come running in to his bedside. Here, poor Sam drops dead and Vicky's outside yelling & screaming for help and you don't see a soul around. [hdscrt]

They must have been on a coffee or lunch break. Not that I know what either one is, tho, because every nursing job I had, those two were hard to come by.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 06:34:15 PM »

If Colllinsport Hospital was anything like General Hospital in the same period, they were all either at the nurses station or in the cafeteria.
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2002, 10:37:02 PM »
If Colllinsport Hospital was anything like General Hospital in the same period, they were all either at the nurses station or in the cafeteria.

Or pitching woo in Steve Hardy's office.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2002, 11:26:25 PM »

like nurse Amy Vining on GH  LoL! he was making a lot of noise though you think that a nurse would have come in to see what the problen was!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2002, 11:32:29 PM »
Collinsport had the strangest hospital.  They seemed short on personnel (perhaps when Lang and Woodard died, the rest all scattered to the winds) and it was rare to see patients with IV's or much of anything else.  Plus, dangerous people seem able to come and go at will!

I would never want to be a patient at Collinsport Hospital.  It's not SAFE there!

Love, Robin

Offline Barnabas

• Junior Poster
  • aka Grayson Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2002, 07:33:44 AM »
Or pitching woo in Steve Hardy's office.

You are SO right! LOL! Who could forget Dr. Hardy's way with those nurses! In another thread I commented on the fact that the characters in General Hospital always seemed to be coming apart at the seams, usually because Dr. Hardy was two-timing them. They seemed such tragic characters in contrast to our Dr. Hoffman who seemed to handle her unrequited feelings for Barnabas in a much more mature way. I used to be terrified that the adult world might be more like General Hospital than Dark Shadows!
"Aren't you Joan Bennett?"
"I used to be."

Offline dvlvan26

• Full Poster
  • DS is the Greatest Show on Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2005, 10:19:52 PM »
I just saw Collinsport Hospital on Box Set 1 and I was horrified by Maggie disappearing from that hospital. It seems that that hospital could have been the forerunner of today's hospitals: short of staff, unsafe, spooky, and lack of suppiles.
Does anyone know if Collinsport had any other hospitals or care centers?
dvlvan26, Class of 2007

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2005, 10:46:45 PM »
I think Collinsport Hospital, Wyndcliffe Sanitarium and Dr. Lang's Laboratory were pretty much the extent of the Health Facilities in Collinsport.  Unless you want to count Dr. Woodard's office and the make-shift lab Julia set up in the basement of the Old House.

Personally , I don't think I'd allow any of the above to treat a hamster I was fond of.  ::)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »
Anyone ever find out what happened to those set of twins that Dr. Woodard claims to have delivered when Maggie was under his care?.......heck he might of had something to do with the birth of the Jennings twins....R.I.P. Robert Gerringer....great guy
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.