Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0616  (Read 1242 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0616
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:49:18 PM »

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0616
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 01:48:05 AM »
well, Barnabas now knows what it's like to be on the receiving end of the vampire's bite.  [ghost_sad]

I realize Maggie is in the dark where Joe is concerned, as far as not knowing why Joe is behaving the way he is, but I still think she's being a bit too harsh about the situation.

Where once Willie begged Barnabas, now Barnabas is begging willie, quite a reversal of roles.

At least Willie was smart enough not to fall for Barnabas's trick of trying to get him to leave the room. Too bad [spoiler]he was tricked anyway, making Barnabas's escape possible.[/spoiler]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 03:17:09 AM »
I thought that this is a great show. JF, GH, and JK all did a great job.  It is great to see Barnabas crawl through the secret door. Big mistake forgetting about the escape. Didn't Willie put the Jewels there.

I have a question why didn't they put him in the secret room behind the book case. Or why didn't Julia sadate Barnabas. Or was Barnabas to close to death? I  guess when people are concerned about people that are ill and sick they are not always thinking clearly.

I think Barnabas is surely learning how his victims are feeling, but Barnabas didn't treat his victims the way Angelique did. Barnabas does make a great victim.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »
I was fascinated by the red cross on Maggie's dress today - although I don't think it was exactly part of Maggie's dress, since I think the horizontal part at the waist was a belt.  But the vertical part didn't go entirely up to the neck, which made it clearly a cross.  I couldn't decide if this was deliberate on the part of anybody behind the scenes.  And I wondered if that fact that Nicholas seemed to slightly off his game today was due to the cross.  I suppose that it was unintentional on Maggie's part - but did some sixth sense tell her that a cross would be a good thing to wear?  I don't think so.  My impression of Maggie is that she has no sixth sense.

Gosh, what a trio Barnabas, Julia, and Willie are!  Now all three of them know what it's like to be under the power of a vampire.  The scene when Barnabas was pleading with Willie was particularly effective.  "Please, please, I beg of you" over and over again - Barnabas was unable to stop, and for once Willie was the master, not Barnabas - for a while, anyway.  I found it interesting that before Julia found out what had happened, Barnabas tried hard to fight Angelique - but once Julia and Willie found out, Barnabas left it to them to fight Angelique, while he turned around and fought them.

The mention of friends resonated today.  Barnabas deprived Willie of his friend Jason, and he deprived Julia of her friend Dave Woodard - and now Barnabas has been deprived of friends by Angelique.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:43 AM »
I am starting to think that this is the pivotal life-changing experience for Barnabas, not the cure by Lang.   They just don't make that clear.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05:02 AM »
I am starting to think that this is the pivotal life-changing experience for Barnabas, not the cure by Lang.   They just don't make that clear.

Very good point. I think Barnabas was very close to death and didn't have the strengh to fight.

As to friends. Do vampires realize and think straight? They just want to survive.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 08:15:08 AM »
This was a fabulous episode! Excellent acting performances by all today. [clap2] 

Yes, indeed, JF was great at playing a victim! Barnabas had no self-respect left when he was begging Willie to set him free. This was heartbreaking to watch. [bawl] I enjoyed the role-reversal between Barnabas and Willie. Too bad Barnabas outwitted him and escaped through the secret door. [shkdg]

It was funny when Nicholas was taken aback by the fact that Joe was not dead, and having to explain himself to Maggie. [lghg] "I am yours to command." I love that line! [ghost_cheesy]

Not too long ago, Barnabas was helping Julia when she was a victim of Tom. Now, Julia got to return the favor with Barnabas. I'm glad that happened. [ghost_smiley] I think Barnabas became more "human" after his experience as a vampire victim, since he now knew what it was like for his victims.  [ghost_undecided]

---- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
This was a terrific episode.

Hearing Barnabas plead with Julia and Willie to let him out was very emotional. As was Barnabas later pleading with Willie to let him go free. It tugged at my heartstrings. I especially liked it when Barnabas FINALLY admitted how terrible he was to Willie in the past (and Julia too perhaps? I'm not sure...), it almost makes up for the fact we didn't see more of an understanding between master and servant.

I loved how Nicholas blew it in front of Maggie today. He was so sure Joe was dead by now, only to find out otherwise....he really got overconfident as far as Joe's supposedly certain death was concerned. I also liked his "Yours to command" comment. That line, if nothing else, proves he thinks more of Maggie rather than his plans for Adam and Eve.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:22:09 PM »
He's going to pay for becoming such a sentimental softie.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 03:44:12 AM »
I'm so glad that the Barnabas Gang knows the truth.  [128]

Nicholas really gave himself away today. If Maggie was not so worry about Joe, maybe Maggie would have notice.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books