Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0614  (Read 1327 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0614
« on: August 21, 2008, 06:50:47 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0614
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 02:37:19 AM »
I was impressed with how reasonable Roger was with Elizabeth today.  For once, he didn't simply tell her to get a hold of herself.

I missed some of the dialogue in the cemetery because I was trying to work out on what day of the week Jonah Collins.  I worked June 15, 1863 out to be a Sunday, but I worked out wrong: when I googled, it turned out to be a Monday.  By the way, I don't think I've ever mentioned how much I like the pictures of the real cemetery that are occasionally inserted before we cut to the fake version in the studio.

I just loved it when Roger and Liz found Joe in the mausoleum.  Heaven only knows how Joe got there, but who cares?  It was great.

Clarice Blackburn was especially good today.  She started to cry at just the right time, when she told Roger and Elizabeth that she had thought Barnabas was dead.  But I liked Mrs. Johnson's Peter Pan collar of yore better than the bowtie collar she was wearing today.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:47:33 AM »
I like the way Roger called the police, Mrs. Johnson didn't have to.

I also like the way that Roger and Liz talked together.

[spoiler]This is the beginning of the end for Joe in the show. He has the habit of running into the monsters.[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
Oh my Goodness!!  Mrs. Johnson screaming cracks me the *&$( up. I swear I rewound that part about five times.  HOT NAKED CROTHERS!  Need I say more??  You know this is my third time watching these eps I have really began to appreciate the marvelous actress Clarice is.  Joan Bennett is breathtaking and I just love her BLOOD RED lipstick. I have a hard time taking my eyes off of her she is such a astonishingly beautiful woman. Off Topic:  I saw Little Women recently and it was CRAZY seeing her so YOUNG and BLONDE. Great movie.   Louis was also a very handsome man whom one has to respect for keeping his body in shape even though he was in his forties. The pics of him as a teen in BIG LOU, just melts me.  He was such a pretty boy.  :)  WOW!  How much poor Joe has changed from the man he was in the beginning.  THANKS a lot Angie. Stupid bitch.  [violent5]  Joel Crothers eyes truly looked "mad" as Miss J said.  I also noticed Jonah Collins Aged 23. Died June 15 1863.  Wonder what his story was?  Wonder if anyone has ever written a fan fic about him. Of course he wasn't around in [spoiler]1897 nor 1840.[/spoiler] Great line for Joan as Liz is flipping out. "There are spirits here watching us. Envying us because they want to live.  They hate us because we are alive! Don't you feel that Roger?"  This may be weird to some but you could see Joe's armpits and I think they are very sexy and oh so masculine.  [lpsldg] It's getting hot in here.  WHEW!  Moving on.  Another great line "I don't know what to believe.  Everyone tells me the sensible thing to do is the CRAZY thing to do!" Poor Miss J!  CB plays frantic wonderfully.  It brings backto a Julia quote.  "Mrs. Johnson is a repressed hysteric!" LOL  Well I just feel over when GH delivered that line.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 07:27:03 AM »
"Mrs. Johnson is a repressed hysteric!"

That is interesting.... wouldn't repression be considered a good thing in that case?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
I understand where roger is coming from in wanting to add Liz's little bells and whistles to an already existing mausoleum, but I still think it would cause talk in the town. Not as much as a brand new mausoleum might, but I can just see the townsfolk gossiping about all the workers they've seen down at Eaglehill refurbishing an old mausoleum, and not only that but adding extra gadgets to it that don't make sense. Of course roger might pay the workers to keep quiet, but word always has a way of getting out in Collinsport.

It's sad to see this decline in Joe.  [ghost_sad]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »
It's sad to see this decline in Joe.  [ghost_sad]
I agree, Sunny. However, I love the fact that Joel Crothers got a much meatier role. He did some of his best work on DS during this time. It was thrilling to watch Joe fall down in front of Elizabeth and Roger in the mausoleum. I agree that Joe's eyes were very "mad" looking! It was rather scary! [ghost_shocked]

Mrs. Johnson wanted to do the "right thing" and call the police, but Barnabas and Harry both discouraged her from it. In the end, Roger called them, and Mrs. Johnson didn't have to!  [ghost_wink] I like that Roger acted against type when he made that call. So many times before, Roger did not want the police involved! [winkg]

This was an exciting episode! I loved it! Kudos to JC for his portrayal of the "crazy" Joe! Also, to Clarice Blackburn for her hysterics. They were both thrilling and fun to watch. [clap2]

I thought Roger was very understanding of Elizabeth. It made sense that Roger would want Elizabeth's special arrangements to be made in an existing mausoleum. I loved it when Elizabeth said the spirits of the dead were jealous of them because they wanted to be alive. Pretty spooky! [shkdg] I, too, wonder what Jonah Collins' story was. Who was he? Too bad we never got to find out. [ghost_huh]

I noticed that Roger dialed "O" to reach the police. I remember those antiquated days. Now, all you have to dial is "911", and you get through to them right away. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 03:38:25 AM »
They probobly had one telephone operator. I guess she got all the happenings in town.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 05:16:39 PM »
I always shudder when I watch this episode with Joe trying to strangle Barnabas. How messed up Joe's way of reasoning is. He thinks Barnabas wanted to kill him when it was really Angelique who wanted him dead. Barnabas was simply doing what Angelique ordered him to do.

Joe also believes once Barnabas is out of the way, Angelique will turn back to him. Not bloodly likely, I say.

I feel so sorry for both Joe and Barnabas.  They both tried to kill each other because of Angelique, who is so not worth killing for.

I also felt sorry for Mrs. Johnson. She did want to do the right thing, but Barnabas and Harry told her NOT to and neither of them offered any kind of reasonable explanation. No wonder she looked like she wanted to collapse.

I was glad to see Roger behaving better towards Elizabeth in here. At least he was willing to talk the matter over more calmly and even offered another alternative for the new mausoleum, simply build in another room in the old one (if they only knew about the secret room, that could have been the ideal place).

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
That way Liz could have whiled away her time while buried alive by chatting with [spoiler]Jason's spirit...[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 07:32:08 PM »
Chatting? Arguing would be more like it.  [ghost_cheesy]

Can't you just hear them now....

Elizabeth: "You lying, blackmailing, freeloading, golddigging creep!"

Jason: "Hey, at least I never had a vampire for a cousin!"

[ghost_grin]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 05:28:04 AM »

Hello!!! Joe running around in the woods with a ripped open shirt.....Brillant.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books