Author Topic: Available now! VIDEO WATCHDOG featuring HODS/NODS!  (Read 874 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Available now! VIDEO WATCHDOG featuring HODS/NODS!
« on: June 12, 2002, 09:46:05 AM »
Hi folks.

This is issue # 40 of the magazine VIDEO WATCHDOG published in 1996 and includes two long articles (20 pages) on the cuts made to HODS and NODS before release. It was written by yours truly, three years before the recovery of the missing footage  :oand contains several photos. See where it all started!

I've got three copies left which I'm selling for $8.95 (cover price $5.95 + $3.00 shipping).

I've also got a few copies left of issue 43 (featuring a long feature article on the 3 hr version of NEEDFUL THINGS full of great never-before-published photos) and issue 60 (featuring a 2-page news item on the recovery of the missing NODS footage with 2 rare photos). ;D

email me if interested! moviemandg@earthlink.net

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Available now! VIDEO WATCHDOG featuring HODS/NODS!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2002, 04:54:13 AM »
For those of you who may not have seen this magazine, I have a copy I bought at Barnes and Noble several years ago.  I've kept it all these years because Darren's articles are excellent, and highly re-readable (is that a word?).  I'm not trying to help Darren sell the few extra copies he has, but I would encourage any DS fan to take advantage of Darren's offer (or--at least--go to eBay and try to find the same magazine--and you will probably pay far too much for it.)

Brian

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2002, 05:25:30 AM »
That is so true about checking around before buying at ebay! I discovered a few fanzine sites that were selling used copies of the DS paperbacks and fanzines plus one that had single cell slides from HODS that had turned "red" because they were old.  

You just have to keep searching! Perseverence pays off!

Now, if someone has the very first issue of Karlenzine by Mary Overstreet, I'd be forever grateful.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2002, 09:58:05 AM »
Thanks for the kind compliment, Brian! :)

I'm actually selling them for a little less than cover price.

I just sold one set, so there are now only 2 left!  :o