Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0613  (Read 1392 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0613
« on: August 20, 2008, 05:06:04 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0613
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:27:02 PM »
OK, now I know why Mrs. Johnson was in yesterday's episode.

Why is it that nobody ever gets between the sheets when they use the bed in Josette's room?  Joe was there today with the secondary afghan pulled over his bare chest, and it had to be itchy on his skin.  Other beds get sheets, but not Josette's.  It occurred to me just now that perhaps there are simply no sheets at the Old House because Barnabas didn't use them in his coffin, but he doesn't use a coffin anymore.  On the other hand, maybe he doesn't use a bed either.  He and Julia go to the living room to sleep.  Does each of them think it would be indelicate to sleep in a bed when the other is in the house?  And yet Barnabas doesn't think twice about going to Julia's bedroom at Collinwood, and we know he has seen her in a nightgown and bathrobe.  Anyway, surely Willie has sheets on his bed - or doesn't Barnabas think Willie rates sheets?  I'm trying unsuccessfully to remember whether we saw sheets on the bed when Josette herself used it.

I liked Julia's softening towards Barnabas before she went back to Collinwood.  It just seemed so natural and human.

I'm reading a book from 1981 called Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In and wondering how Barnabas and Joe could have negotiated an agreement on Angelique.  Well, not really wondering.  Some things just can't be done.  Still, it would help if Joe were to realize that Barnabas is every bit as conflicted about Angelique as Joe himself is.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »
Maggie seemed so awkward when she was trying to get Joe to tell her the identity of the woman. she's caught in a difficult position, having once been so close to Joe, and now trying to be a friend when she clearly still loves him. I felt bad for her.

If Julia had been in the room when Joe was delirious she would have found out the identity of the vampire. Too bad she wasn't.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 09:38:35 PM »
Why is it that nobody ever gets between the sheets when they use the bed in Josette's room?

At least Josette herself did:

But it certainly seems as if no one else ever does. But you know how picky Barnabas is about that room and how everything has a place and must always stay in that place, so perhaps he has an edict that it's fine to sleep on the bed, but don't even think about sleeping in it!  [ghost_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30:18 AM »
I guess I'm caught up... I just saw this one.   I did think, how many different kinds of strange people in strange situations have crashed in Josette's bed now?   Joe the vampire victim and stomach stabber, and before that, Eve the Frankenstein monster and former French Revolution framer and black nightie public marathon runner.

Ang just can't control her victims as Barnabas could.  I wondered why.  Maybe it was that Barnabas was far more self-assured while Ang didn't even have control over herself.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »
More Grayson praise!  So sue me!!  I love how she says her 'E's for example: "Doseeeege"  Julia isn't having it as she is always on top of things and "KNOWS" what is going on to an extent. It looks as if Vincent Loscalzo used blush to make Joe's "stubble" more prominent.  This is an old trick of the trade that only a makeup artist, like me, would notice most likely. [ghost_wink]  I thought it was sweet when Julia put her hand on Barnabas shoulder. [love5]  I personally think it was during this time on the show that Julia quite subtlety started to show her genuine affections toward Barnabas. Poor Barbabas and Julia they had a rough night/day. I agree with the above posters that  this little scene between Joe and Maggie was  [love9].  I think KLS was a WONDERFUL newcomer who worked well with her formidable costars. "Well I am honored by your new found trust"-Barnabas to Julia.  Episodes like this remind me of how great DS can be.  The plot devices more times than not were really good and not overly contrived. For example:  Such as Julia learning about Barnabas by talking with Mrs. J when she returned to Collinwood.  JC was shirtless again, well sorta!  YUM!  [love10] [naughty]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:08:15 AM »
At least Josette herself did
Thanks, MB!

Ang just can't control her victims as Barnabas could.  I wondered why.  Maybe it was that Barnabas was far more self-assured while Ang didn't even have control over herself.
I think that Angelique's inability to control Barnabas was related to Barnabas's ability to retain some humanity even when he was a vampire.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 02:24:28 AM »
Yes, indeed, I also love those DS plot devices. [ghost_smiley] Julia found out about Barnabas' "illness" the night before from Mrs. Johnson, and Joe was awake and listening to their conversation without Barnabas and Julia knowing.  [ghost_shocked] Although she was visibly shocked when she first heard about Barnabas from Mrs. Johnson, Julia did a good job of "covering up" about Barnabas at the end.  [ghost_rolleyes]

I felt sorry for Maggie and Joe when they were together. [bawl] They obviously still loved each other. [love3] Angelique and Nicholas manipulated things around to make Maggie and Joe break up. Indeed, it was heartbreaking. [love9] It was also sad that Maggie didn't believe Joe and thought he was delirious.  [ghost_sad]

It was a good thing that Julia tested that medicine - Joe could have been a goner! It seemed like Julia was scolding Barnabas like he was a little child, and Barnabas was having a hard time explaining himself. Fun scenes to watch. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg][hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 03:04:58 AM »
I think that the roles of Barnabas being in control and Julia following have been reversed. Julia knows what is going on. I just don't think that she wants to admit what is going on. Julia is just to tired to really put it all together.

One question, why doesn't Maggie figure that there is a connection between Tom and Joe, they both had the mark or the bandages on their throats.

I know that JC not having a shirt was for the fans. But why didn't he get another shirt, not one that was ripped. There could have be another button down shirt.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 05:00:33 PM »
It is sad to watch the scenes between Maggie and Joe at this point. I hate Nicholas and Angelique for destroying their relationship.  [ghost_mad]

[spoiler] Even after Nicholas and Angelique are gone, Joe is free from her grasp, and Maggie from Nicholas' clutches. I thought they would get back together, but it didn't happened. Joe was planning to leave for Boston (until he had that dream about Tom and Chris and was shipped to Windcliff) and Maggie eventually became the new governess at Collinwood. [/spoiler]

Maggie is too upset about Joe trying to kill himself to figure out any connection between anything. She knows there was another woman and that she probably drove him to it (and how true it was!).

It's sad to see Joe driven to this, first suicide, then attempted murder. Angelique really screwed him up good. [ghost_sad]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 04:33:43 AM »
If there wasn't a vampire running around town, it would look like Joe was doing drugs.   Lost his girlfriend, lost his job, looks tired, paranoid, and tried to kill himself. Of course no one suggests that but it would be interesting if Maggie thought Joe was a drug addict.

I can't believe Julia can't figure out that something is clearly wrong with Barnabas.  This is annoying me!! [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books