Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0611  (Read 1077 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0611
« on: August 18, 2008, 04:48:54 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0611
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »
Humbert Allen Astredo worked hard today.  There was a nice bit when apparently either Astredo or Robert Rodan spoke out of turn.  Nicholas told Adam, "Leave the room.  I -"  Adam interrupted with "No," and Nicholas turned to Adam and said, obviously irritated by the interruption, "I need to think!"  It was a very neat recovery.

I get the feeling that the Danielle Roget story has been changed in mid-storyline.  (And why would that surprise me?)  The many people whom she killed or arranged to have killed in France seem to have fallen by the wayside and we're left with the murder of Philippe Cordier, committed so that Eve could be with her one true love.  It all starts to sound pretty run-of-the-mill, not worthy of the most e-e-evil woman of the 18th century.

Nicholas's feelings towards Maggie aren't becoming any more believable.  Am I relying too much on clichés, or am I right?  I think I must be right, because in a show like Dark Shadows, clichés are helpful.  Nicholas never loses his composure around Maggie.  He never softens around Maggie.  He never displays an impulse, however quickly suppressed, to run away with Maggie and leave Angelique, Adam, Eve, and Diabolos all to their own devices.  By this time we should have seen something, and I haven't seen it.  I want to see Nicholas dancing around the living room of his house singing, "Maggie!  Am I a fool without a mind, Or have I simply been to blind To realize?"  And what I'm seeing is the same old Nicholas.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:03:54 PM »
Frankly I would find it ridiculous to see Nicholas constantly swooning over Maggie. Nicholas IS an agent of evil after all. I like what the writers are showing us with Nicholas' conflict over his feelings for Maggie. The conflict is there, but you have to look deeper underneath the surface.

The times he's with Maggie, I do see the gentler, kinder side to him. When he's away from her, it seems to me he does go back to being the boss with Angelique or Adam or Eve.

If Jeff really wanted to get rid of Eve, perhaps he should have foundled her hair, or shake her really violent, then she would leave him alone. Then again, Eve would probably have loved it.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 12:26:17 AM »
LOL does strangling her in the "lost episode" performance count?  But then again, Marie DID tell the audience to "pretend he's strangling me" [nerv]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 03:56:16 AM »
I actually thought the backstory they wrote for Danielle Roget and Peter worked pretty well.  I also through it was treat to see that Nicholas actually was feeling "Love" for Maggie, as this adds to the layers of a characters.  For example Spike from Buffy (if you have watched that show).  Marie looks absolutely gorgeous in this episode but the black dress is getting old and probably stanky!  [ghost_tongue2]  So is it impossible for Nicholas just to put Maggie under a spell to make her love him?? 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 02:51:13 PM »
Adam is more observant than he seems, saying nicholas talks as if he owns him and Eve, which in a way, Nicholas thinks he does.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:42 AM »
I noticed in this episode that Adam was acting the same way with Nicholas as he was with Barnabas. Adam was still acting like a spoiled brat who was impatient and throwing ultimatums around.  [ghost_mad] But Nicholas was not intimidated by Adam, so Adam's behavior didn't work.  [ghost_wink]

I suspect that Nicholas was not allowed to put a spell on Maggie to make her love him, or else he would have done that already.  [ghost_nowink]

I love the power struggle between Nicholas and Eve. Eve was a spoiled bitch who wanted to get her way - not unlike Angelique, actually. But I think Nicholas liked Angelique better than Eve.   [ghost_grin]

I'm glad that Harry actually had a conscience and was no murderer! Too bad he had no choice but to "obey" Nicholas and do what Nicholas wanted him to do.  [ghost_sad]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:18 PM »
I like the battling between Nick and Eve, makes it very enjoyable. Peter and Eve thing is not my favorite.

Nicholas is losing it though in his control, Adam is starting to act more thoughtfully and is starting to use the brain he was created with. He knows there is something going on with Eve.

[spoiler]When he finally loses he has a great exit in flames. [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 10:59:23 PM »
I wish we could have scene more interaction of Maggie and Nicholas. It's hard to believe that Maggie would even consider marrying Nicholas. I still think of Maggie with Joe.

At This point I feel the writers have no idea how to write for Adam. They write him for that day's plot and not for the character.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books