Author Topic: a REAL Dark Shadows music box?  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: a REAL Dark Shadows music box?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 01:17:33 AM »
We have the hunk o' junk plastic version. But it plays the melody fine and soothes our troubled minds, reminding us of better days when vampires roamed the Earth.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 01:29:12 AM »
We have the hunk o' junk plastic version. But it plays the melody fine and soothes our troubled minds, reminding us of better days when vampires roamed the Earth.

This is my favorite post of all time [ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 01:38:36 AM »
::humble bow:: No applause, please. Just throw money.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 03:22:43 AM »
I've been "searching" on-line for that Jewelry/Music box top, I'll keep looking where ever I can and I'll let you know if I find it, you do the same and let me know if you find it. Cool?

Absolutely!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »
Well.........wait for it..........THE SEARCH IS ON!!!!!
May you die before you want too.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 02:15:35 AM »
Someone mentioned a small, silver music box that played the Josette theme that was seen on eBay a few years back. I think I might have the one in question. It's all silver, and it came in a purple box. It's about two inches tall, and probably three inches across the top, from left to right. I haven't played it in the longest time, but from what I remember, it plays the actual theme, or a very close version to it. It's a windup.

I don't remember what it cost back then, because I got it as a gift. I was pleased with it, but would've much rather had the original music box released when the show was still on the air in the 60s, but those are very hard to come by intact, and in good condition, for a reasonable price.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

RachelDrummand

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »
Someone mentioned a small, silver music box that played the Josette theme that was seen on eBay a few years back. I think I might have the one in question.

That was me that mentioned that. From what I recall, the seller on ebay was selling it for a couple of hundred...at least that's what I remember. I wonder how many of those music boxes they made. It's just lovely IMO...much better than the cheap plastic box of the original.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2008, 10:36:40 AM »
Right now one of the cheap plastic ones is on ebay and the bid is up to $77.00 dollars and it still has two days to go. With fans willing to pay that for a cheap plastic top you know we would pay a couple of hundred each for a real music box without blinking twice. [ghost_mad]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »
I looked and it's the one that was issued in 1970.  So which one are you looking for? The one that actually was used on th show?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2008, 03:31:28 PM »
That was me that mentioned that. From what I recall, the seller on ebay was selling it for a couple of hundred...at least that's what I remember. I wonder how many of those music boxes they made. It's just lovely IMO...much better than the cheap plastic box of the original.

Well I know that my parents didn't pay that much for the thing, it was probably more around $60. Are the ones you're talking about hand made? Because the one I have is definitely manufactured.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 09:27:59 PM »
I want a real one like the one that was on the show. I have the plastic one.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »
 Was the music box on the show all that real?  They played music from a soundtrack, no?  Did someone make any besides the plastics?? I am so lost. LOL 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 10:58:17 PM »
I pretty sure the music box on the original show was strictly a prop with the music being played from the sound booth. However, the one on the '91 series really played.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 01:56:15 AM »
Well I know that my parents didn't pay that much for the thing, it was probably more around $60. Are the ones you're talking about hand made? Because the one I have is definitely manufactured.

I'm not sure but your description of the box sounds like the one I saw a few years back on ebay.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »
The original music box was not real, however, a real one could be made based on the one on the show. The same thing could be done with the ring, the one on the show was fake but I real one could be made and sold.