Author Topic: DS Theme On Passions  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
DS Theme On Passions
« on: June 11, 2002, 10:02:15 PM »
I just got in from the supermarket, putting stuff inside the fridge, when my renter friend - who knows I'm a big DS fanatic - came running downstairs, ran past me into the living room, picked up the remote on put on Passions (I don't watch it myself).  There they were, two characters walking away in the night, the background music being the Dark Shadows theme.  My, we do have influence, don't we?

Gerard

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: DS Theme On Passions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 10:17:26 PM »
Hey there!...Yes, Passions has been using the Dark Shadows themes for quite a while now.Not too often though, just everytime something extremely wierd is going on.Passions is "different".Extremely "different".
I wonder if they had to get permission from Dan Curtis.Probably so.:)-Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 10:21:18 PM »
I just got in from the supermarket, putting stuff inside the fridge, when my renter friend - who knows I'm a big DS fanatic - came running downstairs, ran past me into the living room, picked up the remote on put on Passions (I don't watch it myself).  There they were, two characters walking away in the night, the background music being the Dark Shadows theme.  My, we do have influence, don't we?

Gerard

there seems to be a few references lately ,the tv guide,,
and someone told me it was mentioned on General Hospital last month! Cool! [coolg]

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 10:42:16 PM »
they usually only use the ds theme when a character named NORMA appears on the show.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 11:12:01 PM »
I always think it's cool whenever DS is referenced in something current ... but the use of the music on this show kind of depresses me a little for some reason.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of them to give it a fair shot but there's something a little too cheeky about Passions IMO.  It's like they haven't got the right to the music somehow.   :-/  ~ CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 11:21:16 PM »
I'm not really a Passions fan either but I watch it off and on when I'm not doing much.

I've noticed the DS theme being played too in the background.  The first time I heard it, it brought back memories ....of watching DS the first time around 1966-1971.  

The charactor "Norma" on Passions exscaped from a nut house and is after the witch, Tabitha and the doll turned into a little boy, "Timmy."  This is only one of the story lines on there that is being dragged out too far.

If the producers took notes from DS, they might be able to come up with a good soap.  They have a "witch" a "demon" to start out with, a few magic spells here and there.

Nothing though, could ever take the place of DS and the actors that made it so popular.

"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 02:00:48 AM »
When I saw the scene of Timmy and Julian walking away into the night with the Dark Shadows theme playing, it reminded me of Episode 1 of Dark Shadows.When Victoria Winters did her voiceover.I think that the music was played in that particular time because Timmy and Julian are beginning a long journey.To where?...I have no idea.Who knows where Passions is going to go with this storyline and the Dark Shadows music.BUT, and I mean a big BUT, if they are going to use the Dark Shadows themes and music then they need to try to be more serious with their supernatural stuff...like Dark Shadows was!

Adra ;D

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 02:04:55 AM »
I'm not really a Passions fan either but I watch it off and on when I'm not doing much.

The charactor "Norma" on Passions exscaped from a nut house

would that nut house be Wyndcliffe??
Julia99

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 06:12:59 AM »
I saw the end today's episode, too--in anticipation of the WIZARD OF OZ "tribute" with Timmy (and Toto.)--and couldn't decide if the use of the DS theme was tribute or parody.  Any thoughts?

Brian

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 07:27:48 AM »
I am stumped Brian...I have no idea.Passions has that effect on me sometimes. ?!?-Adra

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 08:11:58 AM »
When I saw the scene of Timmy and Julian walking away into the night with the Dark Shadows theme playing, it reminded me of Episode 1 of Dark Shadows.When Victoria Winters did her voiceover.I think that the music was played in that particular time because Timmy and Julian are beginning a long journey.To where?...I have no idea.Who knows where Passions is going to go with this storyline and the Dark Shadows music.BUT, and I mean a big BUT, if they are going to use the Dark Shadows themes and music then they need to try to be more serious with their supernatural stuff...like Dark Shadows was!

Adra ;D

I agree with you totally about being more serious about their supernatural stuff.

Point well made   :)

My eyes are on Timmy and Julian .....Toto too, he's cute.

That storyline with Tabitha and Cherity is getting old now ....wish they would move on with it.  

That reminds me, anyone know if Passions has their own forum online?

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 09:13:59 AM »
Thanks Donna.I'm glad you agree.Passions has a truckload of potential but it just can't seem to bring it all out into the storylines.I think this little quest Timmy and Julian are about to take is gonna be "humorous" also.Too much humor and not enough drama.But as for the Passions forums, I am sure there are some out there somewhere.There are tons of sites out there.One of them has to have a forum.Try using some of the search engines.-Adra ;D

thom

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2002, 04:18:07 PM »
Donna if you do a Google search and type in Passions Discussion Board it will bring up a link to a site on the MediaDomain board which covers all the mainstream soap operas. I used to post on that board but we're all so frustrated with the stupid plotlines on Pash that the posts are few and far between. It's a board that hates Theresa though. In fact there was a whole seperate board a lady named Liz dreamed up that was called THERESA IS A PSYCHO! She had the theme from Psycho playing in the background and pointed out all of Teresita's devious doings that were overlooked as being heroic because she was in love with Eth-dumb. Check it out, it'll make youlaugh.

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2002, 07:45:30 AM »
Thanks Thom

Will do