Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0605  (Read 1263 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0605
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0605
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »
The voiceover always claims that the latest crisis is the worst ever seen at Collinwood, and I nod and say, "Yeah, yeah, I know you have to say that" - but today when the claim was that Barnabas would experience the most terrifying moment of his life, I thought that for once it might well be true.

What fun to hear Stokes talking about Barnabas behind his back!  When Stokes arrived at the Old House, I thought about his conversation with Nicholas, and somehow this led my mind to the idea of Thayer David playing Barnabas while Jonathan Frid played Professor Stokes.  It's hard to imagine, but I think that Thayer David, with his thick lips, would have done memorable vampire bites.

As Barnabas went to answer the door when Stokes arrived, I thought he said "Blast," and I was surprised by expletive, which sounded as if Barnabas really did come from the English branch of the family.  Then I realized that he had said, "At last."  Oh, well, it was fun while it lasted.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »
Great ending to the episode. Barnabas is really in for it now! Just when he thought he was finally rid of Angelique, but it was not to be.

Barnabas and Stokes underestimated Nicholas, but Julia didn't. They really should have listened to her. They all know that Nicholas has powers, why couldn't he find out what they were up to? It's especially surprising that Stokes would dismiss any possible danger, when he's usually so sharp and level-headed.

Loved how Nicholas was stringing them along when he knows what they're up to. Probably gave him great satisfaction to have the last laugh.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 03:13:10 AM »
exciting episode.  When will Barnabas ever learn that he can never count Angelique out and that her love knows no bounds.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 03:57:44 AM »
Hasn't Barnabas realized yet that he should listen to Julia. In some ways Barnabas and Angelique are the same, they both do what they want. They don't listen to reason and think of the consequences. But then Nick messed up and forgot about the message from Dr Lang. I think he has two many things on his plate.

I think that Stokes likes being the center of attention.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 08:08:37 AM »
Of course, the ending was the best part, when Barnabas shockingly yelled, "Angelique!" [ghost_shocked] He never thought he would see her again, and boy, was he wrong! [shkdg]

Barnabas should have listened to Julia. Julia's love for Barnabas was quite evident in this episode. [love3]

It was a perfect setup by Nicholas. It was fun to watch Nicholas "playing along" and relishing every minute of it. When Nicholas saw Stokes, Barnabas, and Julia talking in the Magic Mirror, I thought, "Uh, oh!" [shkdb]

Yes, indeed, it seemed quite evident that Prof. Stokes enjoyed being the center of attention. He had a plethora of information about early Collinwood, which was quite impressive. [ghost_wink]

This was a great episode, from start to finish, with one of the best Friday cliffhangers! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 06:40:49 AM »
I love the interaction between the 3 men...all they needed was Roger. One of the reasons I love Dark Shadows is the dialogue they use.  It's rich in language you just don't see today. All 3 men today spoke and acted like real gentlemen.

Great cliffhanger! [BOO]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 05:30:04 AM »
Yes, and Stokes cattily critcizing Nicholas' taste in furniture - utterly priceless!