Author Topic: Grayson's Disney Haunted House voiceover work site  (Read 4717 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Grayson's Disney Haunted House voiceover work site
« on: June 11, 2002, 06:03:20 PM »
I didn't see it posted here but on another list, the following site was noted, you can hear Grayson's uncredited Haunted House work for Disney that she did while apparently making That Darn Cat:

http://www.doombuggies.com/audio.htm

One of our own is mentioned.  ..

Robin you the one who founds this?
Julia99

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Grayson's Disney Haunted House voiceover work site
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 06:34:43 PM »
THANK YOU, Julia99!!!!!

We love this stuff in this house!  The whole month of October my daughter and I torture my husband with repeated playings of numerous "sound effects" recordings people keep finding for us!

Too bad these things haven't been re-issued in CD format!! [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 09:16:38 PM »
Thank you!!!  I've heard so much about this and have been dying to hear it, especially that opening track!

For as long as I can remember, I've forced everybody that's been with me at Disneyland to go inside the Haunted Mansion at least once, but it's only been the last 5 years that I've known about Grayson's work on the original recording.  So, I started listening for her voice since then but it's nowhere to be heard in or outside of the attraction, at least not anymore.  :(

The Chinese water torture bit is so awful that it's hysterical.

Anyway, wow, she sounds incredible!  Thanks again, J99. :D

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 10:01:14 PM »
That was cool, thanks Julia99!
Love how Grayson tells the story. She has such a natural flair for these kind of things. It was great hearing her voice.  Thanks! :)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 10:24:12 PM »
Thanks J99 she was great!
love that haunted house [skull]
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2002, 10:59:42 PM »
Thanks for posting that link Julia99.  What a time flip - I realized that I once (maybe still) owned that very LP.  I loved it and played it every Halloween.  I had no idea it was Grayson! It really seems weird the way it kind of foreshadowed (no pun  ::) ) DS. High on top the hill, dilapidated old house... pretty standard stuff but when you think it was done in '64!    
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Dawn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 12:42:35 AM »
Thanks for posting it here for conversational purposes J99.  I laughed so hard when I listened to it on the other list last night.  (I think Annie posted it.) Anyway,  I still can't believe I've heard this before and NOT realized it was Grayson!!!   :-[  Such flair.   :o  The woman had an incredible voice.  Too bad she didn't do characters for Disney.  She would have been a natural.   8)  Dawn
To live in hearts we leave behind, is not to die.

Nancy

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2002, 01:00:21 AM »
I didn't see it posted here but on another list, the following site was noted, you can hear Grayson's uncredited Haunted House work for Disney that she did while apparently making That Darn Cat:

http://www.doombuggies.com/audio.htm

One of our own is mentioned.  ..

Robin you the one who founds this?

Thanks for posting that.  I had no idea it was Grayson's voice though I had heard this many times before.

Nancy

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2002, 01:45:49 AM »
WHOA.....that's so kewl!!! It doesn't sound like her, I wouldn't have recognized it if I didn't know...... but that's so kewl!!!  ;D ;D Thanx for posting it!
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2002, 01:57:54 AM »
WHOA.....that's so kewl!!! It doesn't sound like her, I wouldn't have recognized it if I didn't know...... but that's so kewl!!!  ;D ;D Thanx for posting it!

I agree it doesn't really sound like her to me, not enough gravel in her voice but in the 3rd one. . i noted Graysonisms. . .quite fun!
Julia99

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2002, 02:00:08 AM »

Thanks for posting that.  I had no idea it was Grayson's voice though I had heard this many times before.

Nancy

Nancy.. i'm shocked! shocked!
Julia99

Nancy

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2002, 02:19:46 AM »

Nancy.. i'm shocked! shocked!

I know. I'm sorry.

(hangs head and joins the HALL of shame)

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2002, 05:05:01 AM »
:-[  Ahhhhhh. . .I was at my parant's house in Ohio several weeks ago and Mom mentioned all the LPs she had--I looked through them to discover many that I had bought as a kid:  Partridge Family, Gary Lewis and the Playboys (remember them?) and--yes--CHILLING, THRILLING SOUNDS OF THE HAUNTED HOUSE.  Did I bring that back to Florida with me?  NO!!!  (Stupid me!)

Guess I'll call Mom tomorrow and ask her to find that LP and drop it in the mail.

Brian

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2002, 05:46:29 AM »
Ahhhhhh. . .I was at my parant's house in Ohio several weeks ago and Mom mentioned all the LPs she had--I looked through them to discover many that I had bought as a kid:  Partridge Family, Gary Lewis and the Playboys (remember them?) and--yes--CHILLING, THRILLING SOUNDS OF THE HAUNTED HOUSE.  Did I bring that back to Florida with me?  NO!!!  (Stupid me!)

I remember that album well, Brian. It belonged to my younger brother, but I think I listened to it more than he did. It's still in the attic of my Mom's house, if my brother hasn't claimed it, which he may have. I was thinking about it just the other day, as a matter of fact. It'd be neat to dig it up again.

I had Partridge Family albums, too. Several. You know what else? I've now got a slew of Partridge Family mp3s. Go on. Laugh all you want to. Bobubas made me do it. For real, he did. Ask Minja.

[shadow=purple,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2002, 06:02:09 AM »
I had Partridge Family albums, too. Several. You know what else? I've now got a slew of Partridge Family mp3s. Go on. Laugh all you want to. Bobubas made me do it. For real, he did. Ask Minja.[shadow=purple,left,300]--Mark[/shadow]

Okay, Mark. . .let's all thank (or blame?) Bobubas!!! (A good friend of mine appeared in a stage show last weekend in which other cast members suddenly appeared as Shirley, Laurie, Danny and Keith--my friend's fantasy in the play was that Keith fell in love with him--and two audience members were brought up to play the two youngest Partridges!)

In the meantime, I'm now of the lookout for that Disney LP--I emailed Mom and asked her to send it down to FL!

Brian
(Who can't even believe he actually admitted to watching the Partridge family -- what's next? Admission to watching THE MONKEES?  (Don't ask!!)   ;D