Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0604  (Read 1776 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0604
« on: August 07, 2008, 08:38:31 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0604
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:17 AM »
What did the Collins family think when they heard Julia calling out, "Barnabas!" in the middle of the night?  Perhaps it was quite a common occurrence, so they thought nothing at all.

Was Julia's dream a premonition or an outcome of her misgivings?  I know she'll interpret as a premonition, but I just don't know.  Whichever it was, I liked the dream.  I liked the way the camera became Julia, and I liked Barnabas's deathly look out in the woods.

When I heard the "softening" music as Jeff and Vicky were talking, my heart sank, because I knew that meant it was time for them to get back together again.  I have to admit, though, that Jeff did a better job today than he did yesterday.  He did say he was sorry, and he did say that something had happened to him.  It's not much of an explanation, but it's a little more than what he gave before.  I wish Vicky had stood her ground, however.

For heaven's sake.  Barnabas killed Dr. Woodard with a hypodermic needle, and now he's got to go over the basics again?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »
The Collinsport Strangler becomes the Collinsport Injector.   But now he does it to evil people 50% of the time, that's not bad...

Barnabas as a killer burglar spy, on a mission to kill the person they just spent weeks creating (what about Adam's threat?), on the basis of some vague, unsupported, incoherent "case" made by Stokes....  egad.

How much "evil" is Eve really in a position to do?  Will she get a gun and just start shooting at random?    Doesn't she want to settle in first?   Where is Nick going to spirit them off to, where the "evil plan" will get underway?   Is the evil plan just that they breed new ungodly people, and let them loose on the world?   Won't it take awhile for the second generation of the new master race to grow up?    Will Nick help change the diapers?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 02:23:21 PM »
Well, Eve still doesn't remember a whole lot of who she really is, but why wait until she DOES remember so she can go on her killing spree? Remember, while Leona (aka Danielle) was waiting to take part in the experiment, she did vow to destroy everyone. And considering how much Eve detests Adam, he might just be her first victim.

Flimsy evidence or not, we the audience know Stokes is right about her.

Though, I too wonder what they were going to do once Eve was out of the way. Even if Eve's death did look like a natural death, did they really think they would be able to fool Nicholas? Adam, maybe, but Nicholas is no fool. He'd just know somehow. And I think Adam would probably have demanded another mate (or at least another life force to bring Eve to life again).

I was glad to see Jeff and Vicki back together, I must admit. Barnabas' face when he saw her in Jeff's arms was priceless. I bet Barnabas was thinking that he had another, and certainly more scrupulous way, of winning Vicki but it was not to be.

That was a great dream. Can't wait for the next few episodes.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 02:13:59 AM »
Did they reorganize Julia room, also don't you think it was kind of strange that there was all that room behind Julia bed. What would people think if they saw Barnabas coming out of Julia room? Then she screams his name at night, and it is coming from her room. Now maybe the teenagers didn't think anything of it, but what would the Collin's family think? Maybe it is just my mind, oh no.

We get to see what may be coming and a foreshadowing of what will come. I wonder if Julia is happy to know that Vickie is back with Jeff, does she start thinking that she may have a chance, look at all the things that Barnabas has said to her recently and done.

I do like Julia robe, it looks very nice on her.

By the way I am already tired of the Adam and Eve thing. I alway felt like they dragged out this story to long.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 06:14:10 AM »
Joan Bennett looks absolutely gorgeous.  What a beautiful woman she was.  So lovely!!  I love her makeup per usual. Julia has her lovely blue and purpleish gray dress on and her big bow.  HEE.  I also love how GH is painted today.  Julia hands out a sedative!  How shocking?? LOL  BTW~~I am also watching the series from the beginning as well as this project  and I have decided to log how many times Julia hands out a sedative. I am sure the number will be staggering! [ghost_tongue2] Roger Davis just has so so much energy.  He and Victoria of course are locked in that old timey daytime kiss. (If you ask me David Selby was the one who could sell a KISS.  And he didn't do that horrid smashing of the lips kiss that annoys me to death.)  Of course this is a different era and I am sure today's kissing wouldn't meet standards and practices!!  I really enjoyed the scenes between GH and AM, their friendship in real life seems to shine through onto the screen.  The SOUNDTRACK scream always cracks me up!!  Julia's dream is indeed very foreboding.  Is it just me or did everyone (except Victoria) seem to have a Sixth Sense at Collinwood??  "AAAAAAAAH BARNUBAAAAS"  I love it and I HOWL with delight everytime they have Julia scream!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 07:51:34 AM »
Taeylor, I agree that JB looked gorgeous in this episode! Indeed, she was a beautiful woman. [gorgeous] One thing I noticed, though, was that I could see her breathing when Elizabeth was supposed to be "dead". [shkdg]

I loved Julia's dream! [clap2] I also was quite delighted with Julia's scream and when she yelled, " BARNABAAAAAS!" It was so romantic to hear her softly say, "Barnabas" at the end. [luv]

I was also happy to see Vicki and Jeff get back together. [cheer]  The look on Barnabas' face when he saw their passionate embrace was priceless. [winkg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 06:35:22 AM »
I was sadden by the reunion of Jeff and Vicki. [devil2] However, I did like that Barnabas saw them kissing. That was a typical soap opera moment that we don't get to see that often.

I kinda of like the Elizabeth storyline because gives Joan Bennett scene time. I am curious to see how this all plays out.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 04:49:46 PM »
Is this your first time watching DS JW?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 08:35:25 PM »
Yes and No. I have seen #211-450, several times. Other than that, these all new to me. The funny thing is I have been a fan since the mid 90's. I just haven't been able to get them all on DVD yet. I have Volume 1-11, right now.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2008, 04:29:30 AM »
I'm a bit confused as to why we were led to believe that Barnabas and Julia were at the Old House when they were in the main house all along.  At first, I thought Julia's room might have been Barnabas' at the OH.  I'm just not sure why the writers wrote it that way since it really didn't add anything to the story and, in fact,  added a note of unnecessary confusion to the whole scenario.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 04:40:17 AM »
I was a bit confused as well. I thought that was Barnabas's bedroom as well. Have we ever seen Barnabas's bedroom?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 04:46:07 PM »
Have we ever seen Barnabas's bedroom?

In 1795.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 09:05:22 PM »
We did see him in the hospital though. Does that count?  We can't forget all the coffins and the various places that they have been.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate