Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0601  (Read 1338 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0601
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0601
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:55:49 AM »
The opening voiceover seemed sort of tired - "Here we go again, more trouble at Collinwood, and what else did you expect?"

Craig Slocum was handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter today, and he blew it completely.

I was wondering why Nicholas wasted so much time on Harry Johnson.  Why didn't Nicholas just hypnotize him as soon as he got a whiff of what Harry's information actually was?  I was thinking that perhaps it was because Nicholas wanted to get a better sense of who Harry was before enslaving him, but it can't be that because Nicholas, having lived at Collinwood, was already quite well acquainted with Harry.  I guess the idea of the writers was simply to have fun, and it would have worked perfectly, if Craig Slocum had been up to the job.  As it is, next time I watch this episode I'll be counting Harry's "uh"s and "um"s and recording the number for posterity right here on this Forum.

Why does Nicholas want to stay in Collinsport?  Because of Maggie?  Or so that he can order up another Created Being in case Adam or Eve turns out not to have the right stuff?  Or what?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:07:27 PM »
next time I watch this episode I'll be counting Harry's "uh"s and "um"s and recording the number for posterity right here on this Forum.

An "uh" and "um" tally - I like it!! If only someone had thought of it back when Ep #439 came up in the Watching Project. Who knows what Slocum's tally might be by now?!  [ghost_shocked]  [ghost_cheesy]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:09:41 PM »
Blunders nonewithstanding, I loved the scene between Nicholas and Harry. Blackmail is nothing new to Harry (remember he tried to blackmail Carolyn over Adam not too long ago) but this time he tried to do it with the wrong guy. Nicholas certainly put him in his place.

Poor Carolyn. All she wants to do is to make sure Adam is okay. I used to get confused when Carolyn said Adam never said goodbye to her and he did but then I remembered Nicholas made her forget everything that happened the night of the experiment including her and Adam's touching farewell.

And one can tell Adam REALLY wanted to go to her, but Nicholas wouldn't allow it.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:29:22 PM »
Those must be really drafty windows or was glass thinner back then. Where you able to hear through windows in the base. I know with music you can just hear the vibrations.

I wish Angelique would have come out and made him her dinner.

Now I see why Harry got caught and went to prison in the first place.

Carolyn and Adam were both wearing colors that match.  Is that how the wardrobe people want to designate a couple?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:40:11 AM »
It's a good thing Nicholas was there when Philippe Cordier's spirit was strangling Adam! [winkg]

Craig Slocum was handed a golden opportunity on a silver platter today, and he blew it completely.
I agree, Lydia. If Willie had been the victim instead, it would have been a much better scene! JK was really good at that. Too bad CS was such a bad actor. It was fun to watch, anyway. Harry was trying to get money from the wrong guy. Curiosity killed the cat, and Harry was lucky he wasn't killed by Nicholas!  [ghost_rolleyes]

I used to get confused when Carolyn said Adam never said goodbye to her and he did but then I remembered Nicholas made her forget everything that happened the night of the experiment including her and Adam's touching farewell.
So that's what happened! Of course! I was confused about that, too.  [ghost_undecided]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 04:49:33 AM »
The scene with Adam listening behind the door was well played, on the part of both Adam and Carolyn. 

I wonder how the other actors felt when one of the cast obviously hadn't studied the script sufficiently the night before.  After all, it wasn't as if the unschooled one was going down in flames alone.  I can imagine an always-prepared Astredo thinking to himself in a scene such as this one, "Why do I have to be surrounded by such rank amateurs?  It's my reputation, too, they're bringing down with them in this scene, dammit!".

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
The one thing that drove me crazy about Harry on this one, was his hair. He had one piece sticking out thru the whole thing. By the end, I was wondering did he do that as a hairstyle. I can't believe no one at any point of filming didn't give him a heads up when changing scenes.  [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books