Author Topic: Casting A DS Biopic  (Read 2330 times)

Spiderman

Re: Casting A DS Biopic
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2002, 08:23:45 AM »
I am aware of this and did not hint at which were gay, nor did I have any intention do so. It certainly protects DS boards--and the individual posters who may allege such things--from litigation over libel. However, I am repulsed by the DS fan community at large for being unable to accept the sexualities of certain stars, already known to most fans who have been around a while

Offline scout75

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2002, 08:26:11 AM »
In most cases, discussion about which individuals in the cast are gay is getting into personal and private information, and that's not the purpose of these forums.

No offense intended.  I was only commenting on a thought already out there, but certainly no harm or anything else was meant...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2002, 05:14:52 PM »
No offense intended.  I was only commenting on a thought already out there, but certainly no harm or anything else was meant...

scout75, I know you meant no offense and appreciated your bringing the discussion back to the characters.  And I appreciated your edit too.  :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2002, 05:29:49 PM »
I am aware of this and did not hint at which were gay, nor did I have any intention do so. It certainly protects DS boards--and the individual posters who may allege such things--from litigation over libel. However, I am repulsed by the DS fan community at large for being unable to accept the sexualities of certain stars, already known to most fans who have been around a while

Spiderman, I only made a comment in the event that the topic you brought up became headed in that direction.  I also am aware of your feelings toward the board's policy regarding discussions about sexuality, and as I've explained before, it's a privacy issue and not one about lack of acceptance, and it isn't limited to a star's sexual identity but includes all personal issues that the star prefers to keep private.

thom

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2002, 06:49:32 AM »
Billy Zane as Jonathan Frid(Barney), Frances Fisher as Julia/Grayson,  a well fed Calista Flockhart as Lara Parker/Angelique, the kid who plays Brady on Days as Chris Pennock/Jeb are a few that come to mind.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2002, 07:14:42 AM »
Frances Fisher as Julia/Grayson, .

good thought there. . .
Julia99

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2002, 06:19:02 AM »
Since I started this topic, I think I should weigh in with my thoughts...

Frances Fisher as Grayson is an interesting idea, although I really can't imagine anyone being able to capture Grayson's persona.    

The big question is who would Gothick pick to play Grayson.

For Lara Parker, I would cast Michelle Pfeiffer.  I think she'd make an excellent Angelique, too.

For Jonathan Frid, I pick Sam Waterston.  JF has an "old world gentleman" quality about him, and I think SW would be able to capture that.  

Regards,

John

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2002, 05:37:06 PM »
OMG!!!! Frances Fisher as Amazin' Grayson would be perfect!!! The hair, the face, they look like twins! And Sam Waterston as Frid is perfectamous too!!!!!!!!!!
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol