Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0596  (Read 1946 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0596
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0596
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 02:15:08 AM »
I love Thayer David's voiceover's they are simply quite amazing.  He always sounds so terribly passionate.  They sure got Eve all gussied up for her birthwith a great gown false eyelashes  and full makeup.  [ghost_wink] She looks great.  HEE.  I wish Adam would shut the ^%&%^%& up!  He is workin' on my last nerve.  I noticed the boom mic in the mirrors above Eve's bed.  Eve is C R A Z Y and my least favorite MW character. Off Topic: Crazy Jennie is my fav.  Marie's hair is so wild and beautiful I absolutely love it.  Love her color hair color.   

My observations were more about production really than story.  I hope that is acceptable.  All in all not one of my favorite eps.

If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 02:56:28 AM »
Professor Stokes really is one smart cookie! I mean, I knew he was smart, but I never would have guessed that Leona Eltridge was really an alias for Danielle Roget. [ghost_blink]

I had to laugh at Barnabas refusing to believe that Leona was really Danielle brought back from the dead and now in the body of Eve. [ghost_grin] He's the last person in the world to be scoffing at the supernatural....I guess Roger's been rubbing off him. [ghost_rolleyes]

At least in this episode, Eve almost seemed willing to give Adam a chance. Unfortunately for him, that will change all too soon. [ghost_wub]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:08:58 AM »
I forgot to add this.  I love the quote from Stokes "I am very seldom wrong."  I LOL.  Such a smart ass but truth in his words.  Barnabas did seem very Rogery in this ep that much is true.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:38:10 AM »
I agree with Barnabas: Professor Stokes's proof that Leona Eltridge is Danielle Roget is very flimsy. Why did she choose an anagram? Why not use the same initials? Isn't that what fictional characters usually do?

I notice that Adam hasn't thanked Julia for bringing Eve to life.

If only Julia had managed to do the Experiment this way when it was done with Barnabas and Adam, we wouldn't have Adam to worry about.  Barnabas might not have liked the railroad tracks all over his face, but he must have seen them before the original Experiment was performed, and he didn't object then.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 10:53:20 AM »
I remember the logic at this point in the storyline as being horrific.   Or nonexistant.   All this leads eventually to secret agent terminator Barnabas's excursion into Blair House.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 06:30:53 PM »
But you missed the best point Eve came alive with full make and hair and High Heels. Now maybe it was just because it was Julia that put the body together and set up.

I don't think that Eric Lang would have done that.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 02:47:53 AM »
I thought it was really neat that Prof. Stokes was able to figure out that Leona Eltridge was really Danielle Roget. Prof. Stokes sure was smart! [ghost_wink]

It was pretty much immediately after Eve came to life that [spoiler]Danielle Roget's French lover made himself known. He sure didn't waste any time![/spoiler]

Eve is C R A Z Y and my least favorite MW character. Off Topic: Crazy Jennie is my fav.  Marie's hair is so wild and beautiful I absolutely love it.  Love her color hair color.   
I agree, Taeylor. [thumb]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 05:38:52 AM »
Thanks Sally.  I believe we have a few things in common.  I see you with HOT STUFF to my left, lucky gal!! [ghost_wink]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:40 AM »
I thought it was really neat that Prof. Stokes was able to figure out that Leona Eltridge was really Danielle Roget. Prof. Stokes sure was smart! [ghost_wink]

But how did he figure it out?   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 10:23:35 AM »
Prof. Stokes figured it out with the anagram, moving the letters in the name Leona Eltridge around, of course. He was a very well educated and intelligent man who had heard about Danielle Roget's reputation. [winkg]

I'm guessing that this is how it happened: He thought to himself. "Now who would be the most evil woman that Nicholas would have chosen?" His answer was Danielle Roget, so he moved the letters around and discovered that it fit as an anagram. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »
The idea that a supernatural being always has to choose an anagram of her (or his) name in her new "incarnation" dates back to J. Sheridan Le Fanu's classic 1860s novella, Carmilla.  Carmilla has had other lives as Millarca and Mircalla, if memory serves.  The author of Rosemary's Baby very cleverly recycled this idea in that nove and, of course, in the popular film which was making headlines in 1968 when these shows were written.

This episode includes one of my all time favorite DS lines:  "Danielle Roget was perhaps the most EEE-vil woman the Eighteenth Century ever produced!"  There's something so deliciously camp and over-the-top in that line.  And of course, Thayer delivered it with superb aplomb!

G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:10 PM »
OFF TOPIC:  Gothick you never cease to challenge me with your colorful words!!  I am headed off to look up APLOMB!!  BTW~~I hope no one mistakes me for an idiot (being southern it is a form of STEREOTYPE I have faced) but I guess we all find new words to learn and retain???  I love to learn new words  and I appreciate all that Gothick and  other memebers of this board throw my way.  Keep 'em coming!!!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »
I have Dictionary.com on standby most of the time, and I may look up two or three words a night.  I think I'll do that with "aplomb" because it's one of those words I've heard all my life and know basically, but I'd like to know exactly what it means now, maybe with a little etymology to get the meaning better.   The side trips in the etymology can be cool sometimes too.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 02:37:43 AM »
Dictionary.com is good for Alphabet game.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate