Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0595  (Read 2136 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0595
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0595
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:58:26 AM »
I spend most of this episode pondering Erica Fitz's gender.  The bones in the face are quite big, making for a male appearance - but that doesn't prove anything.  The wig looks indisputably plastic - but this isn't the first plastic wig we've seen on Dark Shadows.  Fitz looked to be slightly shorter than Grayson Hall, who was 5'7" if I remember correctly, but we didn't get a look at their feet to compare heel heights.  Fitz's voice seemed to be a women's voice, but I'm betting that a man could do it, with practise.

Supposing Fitz was a man, how did it feel to Robert Rodan and Thayer David to be acting with him one-on-one?  Oh, well, it was just a slightly more extreme form of acting, I guess.

Adam didn't have any problem with supporting Leona Eltridge in the lies she was telling.  He's putting an awful lot of faith in Nicholas's word that Leona's OK.

Marie Wallace looked awful on her first appearance on Dark Shadows.  Good for her!

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 02:29:49 PM »
Gosh, can you imagine Eric Lang and THIS woman together?

Lang never struck me as the social type, what with him being obsessed with creating a man-made creation. Even Professor Stokes caught on and he hadn't even known Lang.

Well, now that Eve is brought back alive, Adam can finally get off Barnabas' and Julia's backs. Or will he?

Eve isn't my favorite of Marie Wallace's roles, but nonetheless it was great to see her make her debut on the show today.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 03:37:25 AM »
As a child I thought this woman seems very odd and as an adult I also think is this really a woman?   [ghost_undecided]
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 03:41:08 AM »
It would be pretty wild for DS to cast a transsexual in 1968!  It would have been cool though.   DS broke all kinds of boundaries and rules.  YOU NEVER KNOW! And yes transgendered people can learn how to make there voices sound more fem. ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:02:59 AM »
As a child I thought this woman seems very odd and as an adult I also think is this really a woman?   [ghost_undecided]

Are you talking about Marie Wallace?   I can't see how you possibly could be...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »
No they are talking about LEONA ELTRIDGE/ERICA FILTZ'S!! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »
Marie Wallace looked awful on her first appearance on Dark Shadows.  Good for her!

Did you mean her acting or just her appearance...cause she has the best teeth on the show IMO
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »
The thing is that many fans suspect she isn't a she at all.  [ghost_wink]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 02:18:27 AM »
I think she is a she now however possibly not born that way.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 10:32:03 AM »
Did you mean her acting or just her appearance...cause she has the best teeth on the show IMO
I meant her appearance.  She just looked sort of dead there.  Her eyes especially.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 10:58:13 AM »
Marie Wallace = untimate optimum DS goddess.  Don't make me stop this car, I'll spank you all within an inch of your very lives, should you question this principle further...!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »
I thought it was the strangest show. I did notice that the bandages looked different today. I see they had an air hole for Marie.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks that Leona Eltridge/Erica Fitz looked like a transgender man! [bigok] "She" was very strange looking and sounding, and that hair was an obvious wig, for sure. "She" certainly wasn't a very good "actress" - there was no writhing and screaming like Angelique and Carolyn had done. I also always thought the last name Eltridge was a strange name.  [ghost_wacko]

I was surprised that Prof. Stokes, Barnabas, and Julia believed Leona Eltridge's lame story about Dr. Lang. [shkdg]

This was the debut of Marie Wallace. [milestone] I thought she did a great job of looking "half dead" and staring off into space when she first awakened. [thumb]

"She is alive!" Adam cries in exaltation. Wow! I love that line! What an ending to a Friday show! I loved it!  It was one of the best! [clap2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 12:52:36 PM »
Well I'm glad we have finally had a happy ending to a storyline.  Adam and Eve can now walk off into the moonrise outside the Old House that always looks exactly the same, hand in hand.   (singing) "Look out, here comes the master race!!"