Author Topic: Just checking  (Read 950 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Just checking
« on: June 09, 2002, 08:13:04 AM »
TEXT

Hi everyone!
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Re: Just checking
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2002, 08:15:31 AM »
ftp://DS68_joe_R1.jpg....aww shucks!...hey you guys!!!..How do I use and apply an avatar???
-Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Just checking
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2002, 09:17:12 AM »
hey you guys!!!..How do I use and apply an avatar???

Access your profile (by using the "Profile" link in the menus at the tops and bottoms of most of the forum's pages), then scroll down to the "Personal text:" section. There you'll see an explanation that reads:

"Personalized Picture:
Select one or specify a web path (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif) to your own image. Please note that your image must be gif or jpg and that it will be resized."

To the right of that there's a box with filenames in it. Those are the names of all the avatars that are currently available on the forum. Scroll through it until you find the name of the one you'd like to use (like DS68_joe_R1), highlight it with your mouse cursor, and then scroll down to the bottom of your profile page and click on "Change profile".
If you've done everything correctly, you'll be taken to the version of your profile that everyone else can see, and your new avatar should display in the section on the right. It'll also appear in all of your posts on the forum.

Good luck! [thumb]