Author Topic: Carolyn, Joe and Burke  (Read 654 times)

IluvBarnabas

Carolyn, Joe and Burke
« on: July 22, 2008, 11:42:05 PM »
Watching the earlier portion of the show got me thinking about what went on between the three of them.

[spoiler]Carolyn and Joe seemed to have a good thing going until Burke showed up and Carolyn became infatuated with him. Burke only wanted to use her as a weapon to hurt her mother and her uncle, which was wrong of him. On the other hand, Carolyn's treatment of Joe was equally terrible. She only wanted to go out with him whenever she was uncertain of Burke, yet the moment he was able to charm her again, she tossed Joe aside.[/spoiler]

All matters aside, I liked Joe better with Maggie anyway. She was better for him than Carolyn ever tried to be.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Carolyn, Joe and Burke
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 12:10:03 PM »
I agree entirely.  Despite the fact the Burke used Carolyn to hurt the Collins family, I thought the relationship had a lot of 'spice' to it.  Their personalities were such that they made a more interesting couple for me than say, Burke and Victoria IMO.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Carolyn, Joe and Burke
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 06:35:22 PM »
Definitely. Carolyn and Burke were far more interesting that Vicki and Burke. Though in the long run Carolyn might have killed Burke if he'd constatntly tried to put her in her place like he always tried to do with Vicki. Regardless of which woman, it's still likely he would have ended up dead.  [ghost_wink]