Author Topic: DS - 6th and Final Volume of 'The Beginning' Announced for Retail Release  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
The mockup for the cover and verso designs looks excellent.  Nice to see that Karlen is featured on the verso.

MB, have you read the review on the DVD Talk site of DS The Beginnings vol. 5 yet? It's a regular riot!  (I don't agree with his comments about the work of David Henesy and Joan Bennett on the series, but he expresses even opinions that I disagree with in such an entertaining, campy, fun way!)

G.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
You'll also get bonus material, including extra footage from Episode #191, Syndication Sales Reels and Promos, Vintage Newsreel Footage with Joan Bennett, new Interviews, Sci-Fi Channel ads, and a bonus version of the 211th episode (fully exploring Barnabas' arrival at Collinwood) restored and including the original 1967 commercials!

This is great news. I wonder what kind of restoration work was done to episode 211?
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
Hurrah, I will have then seen all but about 5 episodes of DS (those 5 due to damaged discs received from Netflix)! The bonus materials look great, too, particularly the restored Episode #211. The first episode with commercials was quite fun for me, because I was seeing it the way it was originally seen, and I didn't mind the commercials because they were short, as well as very different from what I've grown used to. I know what I'll be doing this Halloween.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I had better start saving.  Between this and the CHARMED complete series I am gonna be out about 300 bucks.  SHEW!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
MB, have you read the review on the DVD Talk site of DS The Beginnings vol. 5 yet? It's a regular riot!  (I don't agree with his comments about the work of David Henesy and Joan Bennett on the series, but he expresses even opinions that I disagree with in such an entertaining, campy, fun way!)

I have read the review. Over the course of these reviews he's often gotten his facts wrong, and he's often expressed opinions that I completely disagree with - but you're right that his writing is often amusing. Sometimes, despite yourself, there's a bit of laughter mixed in with the desire to throttle him.  [ghost_wink]  [ghost_rolleyes]

IluvBarnabas

I got Collection 5 of the Beginning on the way from Amazon and I can hardly wait until Collection 6 comes out. [ghost_wink]

[spoiler] We'll get to see Jason McGuire start to weasel his way into Elizabeth's life (not to mention into her bank accounts), witness the great confrontation between Burke and Roger over the manslaughter incident 10 years earlier, and the two Willies, James Hall and John Karlen. [/spoiler]

Can't believe we're almost there to getting the entire show on DVD. [ghost_smiley]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
sometimes i forget that after the series had fully embraced the supernatural with the laura collins storyline that for several weeks it actually returned to "regular" soap opera storytelling before the introduction of barnabas.

i often think of one storyline leading directly to the other but these episodes deal with the conclusion of the burke devlin manslaughter plot and the introduction of the jason mcquire blackmail storyline.after laura i recall finding these episodes slightly odd when just a few months earlier there were totally within the show's original context.i also thought the devlin story was wrapped up rather hastily in just a few episodes.i got the impression they knew the series was about to go off in a totally new direction and they just wanted to tie this up.

here we also,for all too brief a moment,meet the lovely lovelady powell.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Lovelady Powell rocked the house!  She needed to become a regular on the show.

G