Author Topic: Showin' Eliot some leg and other clothing snafus?  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Showin' Eliot some leg and other clothing snafus?
« on: June 08, 2002, 08:47:19 AM »
Catchin' up on this weeks DS. . and I noted when Julia was at Eliots house, sitting on the couch, you could totally see up her dress. . .she's a nylon stocking gal with garter belts no pantyhose for her . . my my Eliot got an eyefull.  

Now what other clothing snafus happened on DS?? We've done props galore . . anyone have an obviously unzipped fly or anything?[silly]  
Julia99

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
Re: Showin' Eliot some leg and other clothing snafus?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2002, 02:39:10 PM »
1970PT - Quentin picks up new bride Maggie to carry her into Collinwood and we get an eyeful of her white cotton panties.  Those who adore TLATKLS are in their glory with that little cotton covered piece of heaven!

Love, Robin

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2002, 04:21:46 PM »
Catchin' up on this weeks DS. . and I noted when Julia was at Eliots house, sitting on the couch, you could totally see up her dress. . .she's a nylon stocking gal with garter belts no pantyhose for her . . my my Eliot got an eyefull.  

Now what other clothing snafus happened on DS?? We've done props galore . . anyone have an obviously unzipped fly or anything?[silly]  

actually J99 that brings us back to the topic of pantyhose this was 1968 and we all wore garters and stockings
i remember wearing them in junior high with short dresses and always trying to pull my dress down so they didn't show! LOL! pantyhose still become popular ,probaly cheaper, around this time (maybe 1970)so Julia
was just wearing what we all wore!

jennifer

i know i'm dating myself with calling middle school junior high my middle schooler corrects me all the time!

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2002, 08:23:59 PM »
Well I've worn both versions (stockings and vice-grip pantyhose) and have done away with them all together. . **if** I have too i'll wear tights . . .I just thought it was funny. .Thayer David sitting there and probably seeing all the way uptown. . and staying in character. . .what a great actor!   :o
Julia99

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2002, 10:31:44 PM »
Well I've worn both versions (stockings and vice-grip pantyhose) and have done away with them all together. . **if** I have too i'll wear tights . . .I just thought it was funny. .Thayer David sitting there and probably seeing all the way uptown. . and staying in character. . .what a great actor!   :o

i hear you J99 and i 've been going with the bare leg look half the time but you are right it is pretty funny!
also you do have a point a lot of people do like the garter/stocking feel better and Grayson seemed like the type!
LOl

jennifer
does someone know the history of pantyhose?

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2002, 04:27:51 AM »
I have THIS to say about garters and hose. Those who find them sexy NEVER had to sit on hard wooden seats in them and then had to PRY them out of their thighs at the end of the day!

My guess for pantyhose would be that they got affordable and caught on about 1970. I remember a couple of years in which the price was prohibitive. And who could forget Joe Namath advertising them?  ::)
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Tanis

• Full Poster
  • I Love Dark Shadows
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2002, 08:38:21 AM »
I remember the garters all too well.  Even when they let loose at times.  Gad.

Just returned form a ten day bus tour of the desert southwest.  Trying to catch up on things.

Tanis
There are no strangers, only friends we've yet to meet.

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2002, 09:11:40 AM »
Grrrr my post here was deleted after I tried to post it as my time ran out! So I will post it again....

If I recall correctly... and I think I do, (but that is a long time ago and my RAM (memory) may be skewed on some of these details) there is a scene where Sky carried Carolyn (she fainted I think)  and placed her on a bed. During that time her bright yellow panties (underwear if you prefer) are shown. I guess we will have to wait and look that up in the furture. That is a long way off in DS series.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2002, 09:13:23 AM »
Good old Julia- performing the DS equivalent of BASIC INSTINCT for old bachelor Elliot. What a trouper! ;D

Offline DSWayne

• Junior Poster
  • Another DS fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2002, 09:13:46 AM »
Tanis, what part the SW were you at if I may ask? I use to live in Tucson. Were you in that area?

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2002, 07:06:33 PM »
Good old Julia- performing the DS equivalent of BASIC INSTINCT for old bachelor Elliot. What a trouper! ;D

Oh Darren!  I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my morning oatmeal!
Julia99

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2002, 08:10:41 PM »
I remember both the garter thing and the panty hose.  Jennifer I also call those "wonderful" years Junior High School.  My kids don't have a clue what I am talking about.  I also remember the boys and male teachers standing at the bottom of the stairs so they could look up the girls dresses and skirts.  I was thrilled when we finally could wear pants to school.  

An interesting personal story is my husband for years put panty hose in my stocking at Christmas time.  One year I had a fit.  I wondered if he really new me, I hardly ever wore a dress/skirt and the color he chose was so dated.  I had seventeen pairs in a bag in the back of my closet.  We still laugh about it.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2002, 09:02:48 PM »
I never wore stockings. By the time my parents finally
allowed me to wear anything but knee socks panty
hose were it. I still slip and say Jr. High too :)
(I always wanted those lacy ones every was wearing
in the late 60's and early 70's!)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2002, 09:42:37 PM »
Our school district still has Junior High Schools....and pantyhose finally became inexpensive and commonplace at the same time the district I grew up in began allowing girls to wear pants to school.  To hell with the pantyhose....I wore jeans every day right through high school and college.

I remember looking around the studio one day in a college production class and noting that every single person in the control room, including the Prof., was wearing jeans and a denim work shirt.  We looked like a chain gang.  This was 1974 or so....gawd, I'm old!!! [lghy]

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2002, 09:54:23 PM »
Our school district still has Junior High Schools....and pantyhose finally became inexpensive and commonplace at the same time the district I grew up in began allowing girls to wear pants to school.  To hell with the pantyhose....I wore jeans every day right through high school and college.

I remember looking around the studio one day in a college production class and noting that every single person in the control room, including the Prof., was wearing jeans and a denim work shirt.  We looked like a chain gang.  This was 1974 or so....gawd, I'm old!!! [lghy]

Raineypark

We are Middle school even though my daughter's school still says "west junior High"
i have to go out to buy pantyhose every time  I wear a dress Hee hee
we had to wear dresses annd skirts Ick!!!but had casual days every few months!

also remember the boys on the stairs trying to look up our dresses!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV