Author Topic: Knowning all you do about ghost, would you?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Knowning all you do about ghost, would you?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 07:11:07 AM »
If ghosts in one's house are the proof of an afterlife that would be proof of the wrong kind of afterlife that I'd never want to have.  Who wants to spend eternity as an apparition hanging around some house?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »
If I were going to buy a Victorian or an old Southern Antebellum house, they don't have to tell
me the house is haunted, because I will ask them first.

I was talking to a Cousin of mine yesterday. He moved to Wilkinson Co. Georgia lastweek in a house
way out in the country and the middle of no where. He was telling me there is an old house across
the road from him and the house was built back in 1873.  The house is condemn and nobody is
living in it. An 86 yr-old man bought the house to save it from being demolish, but my Cousin told
me that the old man is not planning to do anything to the house. But last month, the old man and
his son replaced some parts of the roof with new tin.

Anyway, I told my Cousin if I ever get up there for a visit. I might want to sit close to the house at
night waiting to see or hear something strange.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
If the ghost does cleaning, then yes.  If it also does yardwork, very much yes.

But to be honest, like I've said before, I don't believe in spooks, even though I've worked and stayed in places that are haunted and I had experienced stuff in them.  Despite that, I still don't believe.

Gerard

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 02:56:03 PM »
My grandmother's mom (my grand greatmother) lived in a haunted house.  The WHOLE family saw stuff there.  It wasn't isolated events.   I mean EVERYONE saw things happen.  I encountered a black looking thing in the shape of a tall man.  It was weird, when it walked into the room I couldn't speak.  THIS IS THE GOD'S HONEST TRUTH!   I was frozen.  He walked toward my bed and I felt as if I were smothering.    I mustered all my might to move and finally it was like something broke loose and I came out of my bed screaming.  I know this wasn't a dream.  The apparition walked into my room not two minutes after I laid down.  I wasn't even situated.  IT was horrible.  I definitely felt it wasn't friendly.   Friendly ghost are welcome.  This THANG wasn't. 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
I think ghost would prove an afterlife but I don't think they would prove that haunting a house would be the only kind of afterlife. Many people that believe in and study ghosts believe that hauntings happen because someone had unfinished business in life. If that is true, once the business is completed the spirit would move on. I don't think anyone would want to just hang out in their afterlife. I also think it would be cool to try and help a spirit complete its unfinished business so that it could move on.
May you die before you want too.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 04:30:18 PM »
If ghosts in one's house are the proof of an afterlife that would be proof of the wrong kind of afterlife that I'd never want to have.  Who wants to spend eternity as an apparition hanging around some house?

IF one wants to believe what some say about this sort of stuff, very few ghosts, spirits, whatever are trapped in houses - many just sort of drop by for visits to either check out where they lived or to check up on the people who currently live there, often because they have some sort of connection to them. It's not necessarily like they're spending eternity doing anything from hiding things on people to being a general nuisance - or even just being a comforting feeling.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 09:39:12 PM »
Cheap AND comes with ghosts?

I would buy it immediately.

Then not only would I have a house all to myself, but I would have the bonus of hunting for ghosts right in my living room. I'm fascinated by the existence of ghosts and spirits and like to visit haunted places, so there no way I would turn it down.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 03:38:28 AM »
I once read if an old haunted house or building has been demolished, it will not make the spirit go
away. If they build a shopping center or condos at the same site where the haunted house or
building once stood, the spirit will haunt the new condos or retail store.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 04:25:47 PM »
So, when the old Collnsport courthouse where Vicky had been tried for witchcraft in 1795 was demolished in the spring of 1968 to make way for who-knows-what monstrosity, the ghosts of convicted criminals that were surely haunting it (this is Collinsport, after all!) would have haunted the monstrosity too.  Very pleasing.

Offline JS

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 07:31:27 AM »
I personally would rather visit a haunted house than live in one. It would bother me to know someone was watching me all the time. I like some privacy some time.
I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.

Offline Doug

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 10:06:33 AM »
So, when the old Collnsport courthouse where Vicky had been tried for witchcraft in 1795 was demolished in the spring of 1968 to make way for who-knows-what monstrosity, the ghosts of convicted criminals that were surely haunting it (this is Collinsport, after all!) would have haunted the monstrosity too.  Very pleasing.

Well sure, if the Collinsport courthouse was haunted before it was demolished.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2008, 11:34:22 AM »
Possible haunted places built on the courthouse site:

Haunted Fotomat booth
Haunted currency exchange
Haunted-Wigs-R-Us
Haunted day care center
Haunted secret missile silo

These aren't good but I feel like posting it anyway.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2008, 03:32:23 PM »
What they built on the site of the haunted Collinsport courthouse -

A haunted ready-to-wear Mostoller boutique - complete with hundreds of sleeveless frocks!  [ghost_rolleyes]
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:15 AM »
How about an Ohrbach's retail outlet?  Along with a Junior Sophisticates?  Every night, when the clock strikes twelve the mannequins come alive and do an eerie fashion show with the Muzak version of No. One at the Blue Whale in the background.  Plus, Carolyn, Vicki, Maggie et. al. won't have to truck down to New York City for their wardrobes.

Gerard

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2008, 06:57:09 AM »
Haunted HoJo's.