Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0581  (Read 2060 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0581
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »
Yay - it's green sweater day!  [clap]  After more than four months they finally got rid of the gray one.

Robservations #581

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0581
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:58:14 PM »
I like the way Carolyn is trying so hard to be gentle and thoughtful of Adam's feelings.

I felt so sad and sorry for Adam in this episode.  [ghost_sad]

when Angelique and Adam meet in the lab and Adam is suspicious of her, I think he can somehow sense, much like some children can, that Angelique is evil even if he can't understand why.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 02:19:51 AM »
Enter the green sweater.  Very unfortunate.  If only Carolyn had gotten Adam a toy train instead!

This was certainly not an episode designed to please me.  It involved some of my least favorite characters.  Adam - well, no surprise there.  Angelique made her own problems and expected everybody else to solve them.  Carolyn - nope, never been able to warm up to her.  I love all of Nancy Barrett's other characters, but Carolyn doesn't do a thing for me.  And Jeff - no, no, no.  So here I am, watching an episode full of characters I don't like, and thinking, "So what?" and letting my mind wander off to the background music, and wondering if I would like that music if I didn't know it by heart, and remembering that the one time that I started to warm up to the 1991 series was during a scene in which when they played some background music from the original series.

At the end, we saw what seemed like hours of Angelique writhing as Jeff tried to pull off the Experiment.  I don't remember seeing much of Barnabas writhing when it was his turn.  Mostly we saw Julia flipping switches, and I kept thinking of Jack Gilford on Soap in the alien spaceship doing a dance step as he flipped switches.  But this time the focus was on the wriggling lady.  Not really designed to enthrall me, but I daresay there were some panting males out there.  She opened her mouth wide and we saw no fangs, which I thought was a pity.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 06:03:07 AM »
What is up wiith all these peopel wearing the same thing.  You know that sweater he wore.  The gown Angelique wore.  And the dress Eve wore was bound to be stankey!  I guess they washed them nightly.  Apparently, the clothes budget was about 50 bucks a day! 

I did too feel sorry for Adam in this ep.  I like the observation about him sensing Angelique was evi.  Adam was so much like a child.  At times you wanted to cuddle and love him.  At times he could DRIVE you batty!! 

I was never a big fan of Carolyn either.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
Yay - it's green sweater day!  [clap]  After more than four months they finally got rid of the gray one.
Enter the green sweater.  Very unfortunate.  If only Carolyn had gotten Adam a toy train instead!
Sorry, Lydia, I disagree with you and agree with Watching Project. I love that green sweater! [ghost_cheesy] This was the first time Adam got a gift. [milestone] I felt sorry for him; he missed out on being a child in a child's body. [sadg] It was cute when he was so happy to get the sweater. [ghost_grin]  I suspect that Carolyn wasn't admitting her true feelings for Adam. [love3]

I like that Adam didn't trust Angelique.  [ghost_smiley]  I don't blame Angelique for wanting to be the life force.  [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 04:42:59 PM »
I love that green sweater! [ghost_cheesy]

Definitely. It's a huge improvement over the gray one. (Though I can't even begin to imagine Adam wearing the red plaid shirt in more than that one ep that will be coming up near the end of his run. And speaking of that shirt, just where did Stokes get it? It's not like it was something we would have ever seen Stokes wearing. Well, unless he has a secret side that we know absolutely nothing about.  [ghost_wink])

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 04:54:42 PM »
You know, I have always thought I liked the color green.  But I didn't like Naomi's apple-green cloak, and I got tired of Adam's green sweater very quickly.  I think I'll have to refrain from comments about anything green from now on.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:24:56 AM »
i hear you lydia...

there is perhaps no other period on the show other than 1968 where there are entire episodes or even blocks of episodes full of characters and situations i didn't like.this period was designed for the fast foreward button with adam being it's chief recipient in my house.

i watched this part of the show through once to get through it and on to the next but i'm very selective about rewatching it.certain episodes i like and i simply don't watch the rest.even a peek at the cast list in the almanac helps me decide if an episode is worth a look.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 11:27:41 PM »
With all the power that was being used in the experiment, the generator must have been very big.

Maybe Adam had some of Barnabas' feeling about Angelique.

I remember when I watched this the first time, I hoped that Angelique would burn up. Part of the problem solved.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 04:12:41 AM »
Just wanted to say...I LOVE Carolyn. 

And why do Jeff's vampire bites keep disappearing?  And why doesn't he ever seem drained of energy?  Is Angelique giving him a low dose of vampirism or something?

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »
And why do Jeff's vampire bites keep disappearing? 
If you were a vampire bite on Jeff Clark's neck - or, for that matter, anything at all on Jeff Clark's neck - wouldn't you want to disappear, too?

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 07:25:33 AM »
I felt sorry for Adam for the first time in a very long while.  Carolyn giving him that sweater was the nicest thing she could have done (after of course saying the word creature).  It also was refreshing to see him in different light instead of yelling about a mate. 
Angelique must be really stupid to take a chance like this. If she is successful, couldn’t Nicholas find her and destroy her.  Angelique wouldn’t have any kind of powers to defend herself.  What would she do then? On top of that where should go afterwards?  [hall2_rolleyes] [hall_rolleyes]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 09:23:05 PM »
Not having a bad evil Angelique is a challange. Even though she wasn't on the show very much she seemed to be ever present.  You would always wonder when she would come back.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate