Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0577  (Read 3668 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0577
« on: July 01, 2008, 06:35:04 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0577
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:27:24 AM »
I wonder: how many times has Elizabeth called Richard Garner since she got back from Windcliff?  When he first refused to come to the phone for her, I thought: "That's not right.  For Elizabeth Collins Stoddard, Garner would come to the phone in the middle of the night."  But then there was that stray remark about multiple phone calls to him, and the picture became clearer.  Not only "How many times has she called him?" but even "How many times has she called him in the middle of the night?"

Adam was a little bit strange today.  Not just childish, but strange.  I suppose it isn't really surprising.  He's living basically alone, and his best buddy is Nicholas Blair.  Does Nicholas want the first member of his super-race to be mentally deranged?  Yeah, probably that would suit Nicholas just fine.

The telephone with "4099" shown as the number gets handed around a lot.  Would it have broken the Dark Shadows budget to paste a different number on that phone once in a while?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 04:54:46 PM »
The telephone with "4099" shown as the number gets handed around a lot.  Would it have broken the Dark Shadows budget to paste a different number on that phone once in a while?

Apparently!  [lghy]

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:39:32 PM »
When Liz is complaining to carolyn about how her lawyer Garner used to be at her beckon call any time, she sounds very much like a spoiled child.

Even in her cursed state, Liz realizes some of the things she requests of Tony are very strange and out of the ordinary, very interesting.

I very much enjoyed seeing Tony and Carolyn back together in this episode.  [ghost_happy]
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 06:50:11 AM »
Nice to have you around again, Sunny.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 11:38:24 AM »
Yes, indeed, Elizabeth did seem like a spoiled child when she complained that Richard Garner was not at her beck and call. It was the middle of the night! [ghost_rolleyes] Also, she said she wanted him to return her call within the hour, but she called Tony Peterson practically right away.  [ghost_undecided]

Despite how strange it sounded, I'm glad that Elizabeth thought to make those changes in her will to prepare for her upcoming "looking dead but not really being dead" experience. [thumb] Poor Carolyn, so worried about her mother. It's too bad nobody believed Elizabeth's fears. [ghost_sad]

It was cute when Adam said he was surprised that Carolyn had been around so long but knew so little, and then Carolyn said she was surprised Adam had been around so little but knew so much! Then Adam wanted Carolyn to read the book on Freud overnight! [ghost_cheesy]

It was nice to see Carolyn and Tony again. [spoiler]It's too bad Tony wasn't on DS after the next episode. [/spoiler]I think they would have made a great couple! [love3]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 09:33:19 PM »
Despite how strange it sounded, I'm glad that Elizabeth thought to make those changes in her will to prepare for her upcoming "looking dead but not really being dead" experience.

I like the way you put this.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2008, 01:00:24 AM »
Thanks, Magnus!  [ghost_grin] [ghost_cheesy] [ghost_wub]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:20:45 AM »
I love the scenes between Nancy and Joan.  I think they played mother and daughter just beatuifully! :)  I liked this ep a lot and I too found the observations Adam made about Carolyn interesting.  Maybe we should look a little deeper.  It kind of made me feel like I should read more, learn more,know more, before this mortal life comes to an end.  Kind of a little wake up call for me.  That is what I love most about ART.  It propels our minds into areas we could never have dreamed.  And I guess this is my basis for loving DS.  In many ways, it has changed MY life. However, that is another story for another thread!!

YAY 69 POSTS for me and in my opinion the greatest year DS ever had, 1969, naturally!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 02:38:11 AM »
I wish the wardrobe people would remember what they dressed people in. It is so funny whan you see a scene and there are different clothes.

I also like the scene between Liz and Carolyn except for the subject it seemed so unlike DS.

This reminds me of the Star Trek episode where there was that guy that learned really quick and turned into a super human guys.  His eyes would go strange.

I feel these episodes are just filling time, they are not that interesting to me.

Maybe JF and GH needed some time off. :)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 05:38:32 AM »
One thing that has never made sense to me in this Elizabeth storyline is the issue of embalment.  Would it even be possible for a person to be buried alive in modern times?

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 05:59:01 AM »
I don't think embalming is required.  A person my mom worked with says its really nothing more than a money maker.  Of course I don't guess you could do a viewing for long if someone wasn't embalmed!  Maybe no viewing at all.  I am not for sure.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 06:19:15 AM »
Well, Jewish tradition generally doesn't permit embalming.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 06:51:45 AM »
Well, Jewish tradition generally doesn't permit embalming.

No time for that really...

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 02:14:12 AM »
My father died about two years ago and he was creameated. The funeral director asked us if we wanted a viewing of the body, he must be embalmed. However, my father requested not to have a viewing. So we didn't embalmed him, his ashes were in urn at the services.
So no you don't have to embalmed anyone if you don't want to. So I guess someone could be buried alived today.

It used to happen all the time. In New Orleans they were bells placed in tombs in case someone did waked up. I took a graveyard tour back in 2003.  [hall_shocked] [hall_shocked]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books