Author Topic: Kathryn Leigh Scott initials and Virginia Vestoff  (Read 1035 times)

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
Kathryn Leigh Scott initials and Virginia Vestoff
« on: June 07, 2002, 07:48:43 AM »
Ok..guys!...I have a few questions to ask. ;D..First off, does anyone know what the abbreviations mean : TLKSKLS....or something like that?...I have seen it used when someone was talking about Kathryn Leigh Scott...Will someone please tell me what they mean.OK...second question...How exactly are the DS closing sequences done?...Are they shot live while the music plays?...and how are the cast and crew projected onto the screen?...Third question...Did anyone like Kathryn Leigh Scott's portrayal of Rachel Drummond in 1897?...If so, what did you like about her playing this character?...Last question...What kind of Character is Samantha Collins going to be?(Haven't seen this storyline yet)...Does she have any major purpose in the plot?...What did actress Virginia Vestoff die of?...

I appreciate anyone who can answer any of these questions...Thanks a MILLION!-Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Kathryn Leigh Scott initials and Virginia Vestoff
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2002, 08:08:59 AM »
Hi, Adra!  I'll do my best to answer your questions.

TLATKLS = the lovely and talented Kathryn Leigh Scott.

I liked Rachel Drummond.  I suppose that I felt sorry for her.  KLS portrayed her as very innocent and helpless, and taking into consideration the character's background (victimized by Trask from childhood)
and the time period, (Victorian era) I felt that it was appropriate.

Samantha Collins is a major character in the 1840 story line (wait a couple of years and it will be on again.)  She's a very strong character, but I don't want to spoil anything by saying more.  I believe that Virginia Vestoff died of cancer.

ProfStokes

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2002, 03:32:48 PM »
Did anyone like Kathryn Leigh Scott's portrayal of Rachel Drummond in 1897?...If so, what did you like about her playing this character?...

Personally, I hated Rachel Drummond.  Everything about her.  This is not a reflection on KLS, rather I think on the writers, who couldn't be bothered to give her any kind of consistency, depth or motivation.

Last question...What kind of Character is Samantha Collins going to be?(Haven't seen this storyline yet)...Does she have any major purpose in the plot?...

Samantha is a favorite of mine.  She's definitely a strong character.  If you are asking who she is in terms of the plot, she's the wife of Quentin Collins I (Quentin's great-uncle) and the mother of Tad Collins.  If you are asking what type of personality she has, well, I won't spoil it, but I thought she made a great addition to the cast and I was sorry they didn't do more with her.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 04:49:46 PM »
Rachel Drummond was a pathetic character in many ways, but I'm afraid probably typical of the time when women were still in many ways almost considered as property by men - and the laws unfortunately were against them.  The kind of tyranny we see by Gregory Trask may not have been uncommon.  I read in one of the Dark Shadows books that KLS was originally slated to play the part of Samantha Collins, but when she left the series, the part went to Virginia Vestoff.  I would have been very interested to have seen what KLS did with that role, even though Vestoff is a good actress.  Poor KLS always seems to get saddled with the weak backbone type characters, Josette, Rachel and then poor Parallel Time Maggie.  

Offline A.I.Collins

• Full Poster
  • Look into those sexy eyes....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 10:17:56 PM »
Thanks for the info you guys! :-*.....Adra
Dark Shadows...my little ball of sunshine!!!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2002, 05:10:16 AM »
Rachel Drummond was a pathetic character in many ways, but I'm afraid probably typical of the time when women were still in many ways almost considered as property by men - and the laws unfortunately were against them.  The kind of tyranny we see by Gregory Trask may not have been uncommon.

I think my problem with Rachel was not so much that she was weak.  It was that she was written to be dumber than a grapefruit ;)

I read in one of the Dark Shadows books that KLS was originally slated to play the part of Samantha Collins, but when she left the series, the part went to Virginia Vestoff.  I would have been very interested to have seen what KLS did with that role, even though Vestoff is a good actress.  Poor KLS always seems to get saddled with the weak backbone type characters, Josette, Rachel and then poor Parallel Time Maggie.  

You know, I'm not a big KLS fan.  BUT.  I really liked her Kitty, Lady Hampshire at least until the writers removed the spine from the character and went down the same tired road.  

I would have liked to see what she could have done with Samantha, provided of course that Curtis and co. weren't planning on having her turn into Josette Clone #17.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2002, 07:37:25 AM »

I think my problem with Rachel was not so much that she was weak.  It was that she was written to be dumber than a grapefruit ;)

You know, I'm not a big KLS fan.  BUT.  I really liked her Kitty, Lady Hampshire at least until the writers removed the spine from the character and went down the same tired road.  

I would have liked to see what she could have done with Samantha, provided of course that Curtis and co. weren't planning on having her turn into Josette Clone #17.

Luciaphil

You'r right Luciaphil would have liked to see Rachel
given a few more brain cells!
they also did wimp out on Lady H

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV